Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

I have a challenge for all boardello members
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BIGjuevos

No time was wasted. The .net works... I just don't have it setup to run my software, so don't worry about it no ones time was wasted, I can transfer the emails over. BTW, thanks all I noticed a big jump in spam today. I corrected my original post. I would prefer it all go to the .org ending though.

Once again I thank you all. And btw, I noticed a crapload of emails come from Jaandlu and Jo. Thus far, I would have to place jaandlu in the lead.

If anyone wants to see that stats I have collected over the past few days just visit http://www.theboogieman.org

PS - FFPF (I was going to make it worse and more convoluted, but I ran out of room.

http://www.foamuniverse.com

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Lisa M

Hey Ryan! Nice to see you here. How are things? School? I will try to do the spam thing for you, but am limited in time for a few days.
Stay well!

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message
jaandlu

Sweet! I'm in the lead. Seriously though, I'm glad the .org worked because then I was worried that I was sending a bunch of spam to some poor not-for-profit organization.

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jaandlu

Jillopy wrote:
jaandlu wrote:
Yeah, I'm gonna need some clarification on that before I try again because you did say "I am asking all of you to follow all of those links you normally wouldn't and use any e-mail address, as long as it ends with "@theboogieman.org"" in your first post and then used .net as the examples. What's up? Did I just waste an hour?

Yes.

No. Hahahaha

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jillopy

Still wasted an hour. hahaha.

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message
jaandlu

Jillopy wrote:
Still wasted an hour. hahaha.

No I didn't. I spent an hour helping to discover a better spam filter. I would say that is time well spent.

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
BIGjuevos

Lisa M wrote:
Hey Ryan! Nice to see you here. How are things? School? I will try to do the spam thing for you, but am limited in time for a few days.
Stay well!

Nice to see you as well. School is just fine, I am about 2/3rds to 3/4s done. I am somewhere in there... Simply put I can see the end!

NEXT SECTION:.org (hehe)
Also, as of the typing of this I have 1,952 messages... In just 4 days!

Scores Update!
576 emails - jaandlu
193 emails - jo
4 email - sephonae

Once again all, thank you... I am working on software which will not analyze and block spam but will track it down to the source, and then will then create a list of IPs that can be distributed to block spam (A Blacklist for those concerned).

PS - thanks to your help. I get an email on average every 3 minutes! That's ~500 a day... That would drive any normal person insane!

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Notdeadyet

Oh nos.... what am I doing wrong!! Sadj is not working??? Shocked

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message
BIGjuevos

Notdeadyet wrote:
Oh nos.... what am I doing wrong!! Sadj is not working??? Shocked

what name(s) are you using for the emails?

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
jaandlu

You should soon experience another Jaandlu bump.

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

That's cool Big! It took me very little time to spam ya too. All I did was sign you up for something from Oprah's site. And one other that her site took me to. It shows you just how much spam a site like hers can generate.

Smile

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Notdeadyet

sadjfkl@boogieman.org

I think I signed up for everything under .net
I am trying harder than ever now!!
CAN YOU HEAR MY SPAM NOW!!!!!! Laughing
This is kind of fun in a sick way!

OH, Dude, I tried to send an email to it.... it won't work...I am wasting my time??

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: