Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

AG - info, please?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Goudron

Klari wrote:
I'm shocked and surprised that Kar didn't share the German word for breasts and it's exact translation.

Also, AG, word to the wise, take with a grain of salt any German greetings Kar tries to impart. He once tried to get me to say to my mechanic, "Hans, du alte luftpumpe, wie geht's es heute?"

Translation, "Hans you old airpump, how goes it today?"

Goudron Jr. was in Germany at a homestay, and his homestay buddy taught him to say "I have no idea" in German. Goudron Jr. knew a little German, but not enough to know he was saying "I have no balls" whenever he couldn't follow the conversation. The English language teacher let him in on the joke.

PS. Rammstein, like the mullet, is timeless.

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kar98

sockling wrote:
i hope you come over here around bielefeld, ag. there's a big-ass bookstore right in the middle of it called boulevard that just awesome... but i've never seen them do a signing... well, germany's not too big. i'll get to you somehow

Nonsense. Everybody knows there's no such place as Bielefeld.

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mllefifi

I learned the German phrase as "Ich habe keine Idee."

Never knew what I was saying, I guess...

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kar98

alico wrote:
berlin is full of alternative music. last time i rocked in king kong club, it was like a museum for ADJ - all walls were red, pirate flags, minuature skulls and skeletons, other funny/cool stuff.

Why skulls though?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO5WoLnOOlU

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Klari

Goudron wrote:

Goudron Jr. was in Germany at a homestay, and his homestay buddy taught him to say "I have no idea" in German. Goudron Jr. knew a little German, but not enough to know he was saying "I have no balls" whenever he couldn't follow the conversation. The English language teacher let him in on the joke.

i'm gonna guess it wasn't, "Ich habe kein idee." ?

Kar, give us a guess, just one bitte?

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message
alico

mllefifi wrote:
I learned the German phrase as "Ich habe keine Idee."

Never knew what I was saying, I guess...

it's actually simpler: keine Ahnung

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Klari

Damn American German teachers and their lack of colloquialisms.

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:01 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: