Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Your computer-machine translate goodly?

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mllefifi

Your computer-machine translate goodly?  Reply with quote  

Me want this movie to eyeball,, but not have no play-machine of DVD unto Region the Second.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Wink

(Hint: read the "product description.")

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Notdeadyet

I don't know, I just finally figured out the whole blue ray high density t.v. thingy....
I didn't have to buy a HD player for my t.v., they had an xbox thingy that you hook to the xbox that plays dvd's for like two hundred dollars cheaper than the hD player... Cool huh!
So, moral is, Feef, you need to get an xbox..

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:53 am   View user's profile Send private message
Kar98

Except, a, HD-DVD is dead, and b, HD stands for high definition, not high density.

Also, region coded DVDs are a problem? Laughing

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:25 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Notdeadyet

See, and that's why I'm glad I have no idea what you people are talking about! Very Happy All I know is that Santa Claus brought the whole thingy of the episodes of Heroes on HD something or other and they won't play on the Dvd player in the HD t.v. but they play in the xbox player thingy and they look GREAT!! It's sweet! Very Happy
HD might mean High density or hard drive for all I know...
But I'm telling you it looks a HELL of a lot different than a regular dvd.
THingy is a technical term.... and while ignorance is not innocence, sometimes it is bliss! Very Happy
And furthermore, if they ARE dead, that's cool because soon people are going to be donating them to the library and the library book sale!! All the better for me!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Suckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:06 am   View user's profile Send private message
Goudron

feef, google your DVD player make/model, and find what you need to do to make it play the other regions. You just need to play with your remote control to set it up once.

That's what we did with ours and it's a $30 piece of crap no-name thingy. "Work the buttons regularly or they may not work again." Seriously, that was in our manual, but I could still find out what buttons to push to get it to play region 2 or whatever Japan is anyway (Japanese version of Kill Bill).

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wonko

Thinking me dvd playing machine null. It makes very to become translation realizer of very funny. What is worth many laughing scenes in particular when it is doped for the first time.

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Butch the Vizsla

some video editing software will allow you to convert PAL to NTSC, then burn a new disc. I use Sony Vegas. NTSC video is around 28 frames per second, PAL is around 24, this is why there's an incompatibility issue.

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

Wait a minute. That's what HD means? Here I thought it meant hand-dyed or, what I just recently learned, happy dance. We need more letters in these acronyms. I get so confused.

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Kar98

Butch the Vizsla wrote:
some video editing software will allow you to convert PAL to NTSC, then burn a new disc. I use Sony Vegas. NTSC video is around 28 frames per second, PAL is around 24, this is why there's an incompatibility issue.

All I have to do is run a Euro-coded DVD through Mac the Ripper, and then burn the resulting files to a regular DVD with Toast Titanium.

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
zendao42

Guess it's like that time I saw all those PSP DVDs & didn't know what the hell that meant-
ah, ain't confusion beautiful? Rolling Eyes

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Butch the Vizsla

Kar98 wrote:
Butch the Vizsla wrote:

All I have to do is run a Euro-coded DVD through Mac the Ripper, and then burn the resulting files to a regular DVD with Toast Titanium.

right - I actually reverse the process converting NTSC to PAL, then back to NTSC to get a more film-like quality to some of my video.

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: