Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

Stuck in a rut

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lloydface

Stuck in a rut  Reply with quote  

Dia duit (hello in gaelic). I'm 15 and writing a book! Yeah i know. I get strange looks off my friends aint many kids want to write books in ireland. Ive got this fairy tale comedy novel bout a knight and towards the start i was firing out the text at a million miles an hour, so ive written nine chapters but now im just stuck. i know what is supposed to happen, plotwise, but i cant get any further. any advice on how to unblock my head?

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:00 am   View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
chris
Site Admin

Write, "So then" and then write what happens next.

You can always go back and take out the "So then" later.

But it's a good way to get from one place to another.

Ex: "So then, Sir Wimplefoof whipped out his trusty scepter, waved it at all the sheeps and shouted, "Be afraid, you wooly bastards! for I am going to teach you all a lesson, one by one."

You know, something like that. Or maybe with fewer sheeps.

Drive thru please.

Post Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lloydface

thanks chris  Reply with quote  

Cool Chris thank you! It worked. I got a chapter written that i needed to get outta me. its kinda repetitive at the moment though... Heh heh. No really thanks alot. Wink

Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: