Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Worst habits.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lynn

Re: What worse habits?  Reply with quote  

Lib wrote:
Overtipping (so I enjoy people waiting on me - make something of it).

Repeat after me, "Overtipping is not a bad habit." Now if only you'd come to my restaurant.

My worst habits? Coffee has to be number one. Caffiene has a huge effect on me, so I basically drink a Starbucks doubleshot to get through every shift I work. Which means it costs me $2 just to get to work.

Also TV and computer games. So many hours of my life have been swallowed up by Trading Spaces and The Sims that it doesn't even bear thinking about.

Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:47 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Katy O

Hmmm, I quit smoking three years ago, quit biting my nails about a year ago, I got up off my butt and started working out religiously two years ago (definitely spurred on by the weight gain from quitting smoking and that whole turning-30-metabolism-goes-to-hell thing). So I'm perfect, right? hahhahaha

Seriously, I spend way too much time screwing off at work, I talk when I should listen, I have a horribly embarrassingly dirty mind, I'm frequently depressingly literal, I procrastinate, I'm bossy, wait a minute, I think I've gone from bad habits to personal defects....

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:26 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Unc

chris wrote:
Yep, I remember that. The best cigarette of the day was the one on the way home from the gym. Smile Sweet!

Naaah. The best cigarette of the day was on the way home from dropping some old friend or family member you were ashamed to smoke in front of off at the airport, blessedly on their way back home.

It's even more of a bitch to give the foul, disgusting habit up in France, where it's almost a badge of honor. But you've inspired me.

Not hoping to join you on the wagon, however. French wine, in moderation, is just too good for that to happen.

Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
smartnfunnyfem

Location: West Chicago, IL (about 35 miles west of Chicago to be precise)
filthy hobbits  Reply with quote  

Wow I can only think of one - but he's got two names... Say 'em with me. Gollum and Smeagol. Sorry. It's lame but I couldn't help myself. Stating the obvious is one of my bad habits. Embarassed

Post Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
TiroIndite

Good luck Robb  Reply with quote  

I bite my fingernails. I also don't finish anything thing I start. Oh, yeah, I have a bad temper. Laughing Should I go on?

Post Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message
edrie

now it's diet lime or diet cherry coke....  Reply with quote  

wow! thirty cans! I'm awestruck!! used to drink up to 12 cans of coke a day (north carolina stuff, more potent than new york) - til my dad said "keep it up, you'll end up with diabetes just like me!" i quit cold turkey and for two weeks i literally bounced off the walls - went through major sugar caffeine withdrawal - looked like i was drunk!

now the urge is still there - if i drink one coke, i'll end up with three or four before i realize it.

so, i switched to black coffee - cut the sugar and feel much better - also lost a ton of weight from not having that 18 tbls of sugar X 12 a day.

hardest habit to break was telling people i was "addicted to coke" - i knew what i meant, they didn't! oops.... got some REALLY strange looks til i realized my mistake.

good luck!

Post Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:32 am   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

I used to have a 12-pak of coke a day habit... I'm down to 1 or 2 a day (3 or 4 if its a bad day)...

My bad habit is that I complain constantly... for some reason I have become EXTREMLY pessemistic -- Its like I look for things to complain about... I think I picked up the habit in the army -- everyone complains about everything... even if everything is going great...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: