Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

gasp gasp gasp!

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
edrie

gasp gasp gasp!  Reply with quote  

just coming up for air from dailykos - haven't been outside much since nov 2... but was checking tour schedule for chris and found this board! YEA!!! missed him due to no brakes in 4-runner BOO!!

a quasi-non-rabid political board where i can laugh! well, maybe quasi-rabid when it comes to humor, but that's ok!

intro'ing meself...

older than i ever thought i'd be female new yorker displaced at the moment in california - finding safe haven in monterey (as close as i can find so far to pine cove) and my type of sanity.

love and identify with mollly - just not the med half - i love my weird self - after all, normal is simply the middle of the ab!

first found cm with lust lizard and have been hooked ever since. i am bummed that there is currently no more moore - yet! chris kept me off the codeine when i broke my back earlier this year - laughing really IS the best medicine! (btw, chris, thank you so much for the email when i was recuperating! it meant a lot!)

by now, i've figured out a way to stay healthy with my horses - ride the smaller one (closer to the ground), lunge the big one - a LOT - before getting aboard!

and when not riding, read cm again to keep the ol' muscles loose! laughter is great exercise!

anyway, that is me, folks - looking forward to diving in here when i'm not raging politics over on kos.

btw, chris, thank you for the story of your uncle - it really REALLY helped! i've been so bummed that it's affecting my smile muscles. you brought out the guffaws - as usual.

see yall in vpcv (virtual pine cove-villle)! 'Wink'

Post Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:52 am   View user's profile Send private message
edrie

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP  Reply with quote  

HELP! ya caught me editting without my glasses! ended up posting all the revised versions instead of editting the orig because i hadn't logged in - could somebody out there PLEASE delete the dups????

i'm going in and posting under me the correct one - so if ya could dump out the "guest" ones and pretend it's a copycat stalker, i'd be ever so grateful and not nearly as embarrassed!

(could somebody hand me my white cane, please?)

Post Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message
edrie

this is the "clean" version  Reply with quote  

almost $300 worth of brakes! and i even supplied my own pads!

went prepared for the obligatory "sales pitch" - fought with the ferocity of cornered lion to resist the usual stuff - "you need a new cornering widget, yours is turning too freely!", "your tires are soft rubber, you need new ones" your muffler is LEAKING! (like i don't know that my muffler looks like a fine aged coil of swiss cheese!) "your OIL is DIRTY!!! (gasp!)

but the manager insisted that he had to inspect the brakes before they did the padslap on my front end. i'm fussing - just looked at the wheels about a month ago - pads are thick enough - but to NO avail! HAD to take the back'uns off, right?

crap! that squishy feeling wasn't road kill - the damned cylinder on the rear was leaking - spoiled the pads - i was toast!

i started my negotiatin' - well, i'm having MY mechanic do more work next week - i already have an extra cylinder in the fridge - my home phone is ringing and i've gotta go answer it now...

all the while, i knew i was cooked. have to go to la tomorrow and there's no way i'm gonna leave a trail of brake fluid from here to there and still get to stop without assistance from the guy in front of me... but i persisted.

they wanted to replace both cylinders - uh, they "strongly recommended" - but i held firm - made THEM wait while i debated waiting until wednesday.

they made ME wait while they did a one cylinder/two cylinder price break.
then they hit me - $300+ for one cylinder, new back pads (theirs) and my front ones - no rotor turning ($79 to turn each, but $60 ea new installed - uh, go figure?) and so we fenced. the longer the "victim" is there, the greater the commitment - so they've GOT you, right?

nope. said no to the turning, yes to one cylinder after i got him down to $250 out the door. then i realized, i probably could have gotten him lower, but by now, i'd been there from 9:30 (it's now 2pm) for a fifteen minute pad slap! of course, it is another 1 1/2 hrs for the part to be delivered from across the street and finally after another 15 minutes of clockwork - the brakes and i are done!

always before the holidays, right? now i gotta go sell stuff to get the money to buy more stuff that i gotta sell..... talk about vicious circles - but at least going down the 45 degree hill the apt sits on, i don't have to look for stuff to use as exterior brakes.

[for general info: throwing the car into park at 65 WILL bring a vehicle to a complete stop in seconds - JUST like in the movies!! my beloved tee decided to attempt this maneuver so he could have a longer bark at the cows in the field beside the road a few months back. armed with this knowledge, i DID have a back-up plan. really.)

Post Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Woof!

I like this thread. It's totally insane. Chaos is the best.

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

Woof! wrote:
I like this thread. It's totally insane. Chaos is the best.

Chaos???

Anarchy!!!

"Quick, Kitty, now's your chance... Head for the bell tower!!!"
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lauren

I love that CU occasionally talks to his avatar.

Carry on.

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Ted J

But does his avatar listen to him or does it just ignore him like every other cat I've met in my life.

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

Oh no. We chat... He's just shy around strangers.

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ted J

That sniper rifle says something other than "shy" to me.

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

hey, everyone has their crutch...

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message
edrie

NOW i know why i'm drawn here and to the ag's books!  Reply with quote  

he has found a way to CONTROL chaos!

down, boy! back BACK!! sit? stay?

ARRRGGGGGhhhhhhh! ouch?

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: