Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments

My Canadian Dream...

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Nevermore26

My Canadian Dream...  Reply with quote  

...is to have at least ONE of the 206 viewers of my post actually comment on it. Sad (begging, I know.) I know at least a few views are accidental clicks from people trying to respond to one of happymf's "fiction" posts. But one or two of you HAD to have read my post? I know I'm not the only compulsive reader here! Cool

Feedback needed! I know the plot is so full of holes it would make a screen door look like Hoover Dam, but it's the formatting, timing, dialogue, etc... that I would like criticism about. Thank you.

Nevermore...

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
urhangovergirl

Laughing I know how you feel.

I read it but didn't comment because I know nothing about writing a screenplay, and all the things that would help you to develop your screen play.

I have books about it that I have yet to read tho, if you wanna borrow them. Razz

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Nevermore26

I have those books too. Mr. Green I haven't read them either...

Nevermore...

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mllefifi

Reading is highly overrated.

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

I remember reading the post but not what I thought-
will have to re-read when time allows...

Got my own unread library, too! Wink

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
walk

i liked it! it was funny and made fun of canadians! i can really only write science paper (and not very well Sad ) so i can't really give any valid feed back but yea i liked it. Very Happy

"there's just one more thing.... it's been emotional." lock stock and 2 smoking barrels

Post Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Nevermore26

Thanks. Cool

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
beetleneck

Re: My Canadian Dream...  Reply with quote  

Nevermore26 wrote:
...is to have at least ONE of the 206 viewers of my post actually comment on it. Sad (begging, I know.) I know at least a few views are accidental clicks from people trying to respond to one of happymf's "fiction" posts. But one or two of you HAD to have read my post? I know I'm not the only compulsive reader here! Cool

Feedback needed! I know the plot is so full of holes it would make a screen door look like Hoover Dam, but it's the formatting, timing, dialogue, etc... that I would like criticism about. Thank you.

Nevermore...

Let me be point honest, the story stinks. As for the Canadian angle only you see it. Or have a warped idea about Canadians. Cops aren't allowed to be unshaven, and you can't get jailed for swearing. Besides Canadians can swear as bad any Yanks. Which is a whole new thread, what is with all this swearing ... today. It is disrespectful. ERRR my pet peeve.

Your screen writing pacing EXCELLENT easy to follow easy to see the characters. But there are a lot more camera directions and character notes, that go into writing a proper screen play. Good first try give you a B

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:44 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: