Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Here

Lets make a band.

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Robb

Lets make a band.  Reply with quote  

Here we go folks, list what you play and what you want to add to the mix.
For example:

I sing, play rhythm guitar and can write lyrics and melody

Style of play-various forms of rock, country, and progressive.

If we get to big we can make smaller bands for differant tunes but depending on what we put together we can make just about anything.

Oh yeah, what would be a good name for the band?

Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Miss Betty

The Moorettes????

jk - I guess - Blood Sucking Fiends is too obvious, huh? We'd probibily run into the whole copyright infringement thing too --- do we have any lawyers on here?!?!?

Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:04 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dave S.

I play rythym and lead guitar, bass guitar and midi(synth) guitar.
I can mix and sequence digital audio.
I can master a final song.
I have a pretty extensive library of audio loops, sound fx and samples.
I have experience in online music collaboration, so I can always offer advice as to ways to collaborate online.

As I said before, my time is very limited though. I'm willing and excited to participate in this project, but my contributions will probably be at a slower pace than most involved.

Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Hillary

holy shit Dave. You be talented.

I took 5 years of voice. Classically trained, so my rocking abilities generally only come out at karaoke bars after I've imbibed something bad for me.

I can, however, sing a really BAD ASS Latin Hymn.

Wink

Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:21 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FattyFattyPorkFace

I am a singer mainly although I play guitar (ryhthm and fingerpicking) along with a little piano (Grade 4).
I have been known to sit at the drums but I am a novice.
I've also played some bass guitar, but nothing complicated.
I write lyrics and melodies...a lot (written 2 lyrics today and 3 whole songs in the last 4 days...I found a new muse recently i guess).

Various people have likened my words, music, singing or songs in general to:
Damien Rice
Kurt Cobain
Bob Dylan
Oasis
Blur
Paul McCartney
The Beatles
and various others

However, I think the proof is in the listening as I tend to disagree with all of these. Smile

Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dave S.

If any of you would like to check out my previous online collaborations, you can here:

http://www.acidplanet.com/net_jam/songs

For those of you who don't know my online music persona is "Uncle Remus" AKA "UR" AKA "Unc" - so keep that in mind when reading the credits to the various songs. Although, with these Net Jam songs, I'm also referred to by my real name.

Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:38 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lloydface

I am the BONGO MAN  Reply with quote  

Hey. I can sing, well vocalise.... Got a kida punky voice. which is good since im in a punk bad but.... I can play rythym guitar! and i have the rare talent to be able to play the Bongos, cause Gods know we need a Bongo player.

Post Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:43 am   View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: