Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

Is it more important to write or to be published...

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
beetleneck

Is it more important to write or to be published...  Reply with quote  

I find often my thougths lead to acknowledging of my own failings. From there I develop a relationship or tie to my characters growth.

Does anyone else find that writing helps to release parts of themself they do not recognize or know?

On the other side ot the coin, I cut out 70% to 80% of what I have written to fit into what I find precise, interesting and open to readership. Never do I want any one to judge my works on what I have originally written. I always skim it down to the "middle ground" that which is or has been known to be acceptable.

TO date I have not sent a manuscript to be published. I am no Chris Moore I am far more serious, with moments of humour.

I just wonder if WE write to be heard or write to free ourselves of demons.

Love to all. Sincerely, VE

Post Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:11 am   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

Write! for the sake of whatever pleasure, solice or release it brings. whether it's published or not it's still a contribution to the narrative of humanity. your perspective has value

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:02 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
TATATA

IMPORTANCE  Reply with quote  

In my recently new endeavor, i have come to the conclusion that the writing is more important since i have discovered i am not a very good writer....as of yet!

I am in full support of releasing demons!

But there is no reason why you can not have both.

Mae West

Post Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:04 am   View user's profile Send private message
IdiotCroissant

write  Reply with quote  

Writing is a painful pleasure. I don't know if I'm releasing demons as much as creating something that gives me pleasure and satisfaction when it is done. I think the ultimate satisfaction would be to have a work published and have others enjoy it, too. I've dreamed of trying to get work published, but have never really felt like I wrote something that I desperately wanted to share with others.

Post Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:20 am   View user's profile Send private message
TATATA

I think you have a point. It is like music. An artist uses it to express and share feelings and ideas with the audience. I think much needs to be purged before that feeling or idea emerges.

Mae West

Post Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:24 am   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Sometimes you gotta write just because you're the only one left to remember it-
especially if it sounds un-fucking-believable...

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:40 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LostInWalmart

being published would be lovely, but I like to write. Then again, if I get groupies and a cool bulletin board, then being published is WAY cooler.

B

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:50 am   View user's profile Send private message
Taco Bob

and now a word from our sponsor...  Reply with quote  

Demons are nothing to be trifled with! Before delving into such, you should def check out this!

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
18Rabbit

I think writing has to be more important because without it the other one isn't even a possibility.

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
knikkki

Writing.

Getting published is cool, but sometimes not so much ...

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DoctorBollocks

I like to write as a hobby and I enjoy it but I'd be cool to be published and on bookshelves. I don't know if you can call something like writing and publishing the same thing or...which is more important because it depends on the induvidual and his or her own taste.

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: