Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

Any idea how to make a decent title?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DoctorBollocks

What is Magnectic Poetry?

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Watching The Wheels

Magnetic Poetry

Although I was being a bit facetious with the suggestion (developing titles through divine intervention...), you can use magnetic poetry to create a whole bunch of weird phrases. While you might not be able to directly derive a title from the oddball phrases, it's really good starting block for word/free association mental games -- which might lead you down the path to possible titles.

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
DoctorBollocks

Worth a shot,wont hurt to try

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
tirusthevirus

I like Bollocks Tired.

Or for an Eyes Wide Shut parody, perhaps Eyes Wide Closed.
It's funny cause it doesn't change the meaning but it sounds less poetic and no one would expect you to go that route.

Maybe, I Don't Sleep.

or Shut Up, I'm Trying to Sleep

or Counting Sheep

or Put the Sheep in the Bag and No One Gets Hurt

Dude, Where's My Sheep?

Soporific!

That's the best I can do for now.

- Bryce

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:45 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
DoctorBollocks

Thanks for all the choices it's giving me alot of good circulation...in my mind

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wonko

I'm not very creative, so when I read you describe it as similar in structure to Martion Chronicles and having insomnia as one of its themes, what I thought of was:
The Insomniac Chronicles

Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DoctorBollocks

Seems used to me...but I'll think of something eventually

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: