Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?


bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

How do you Kill a Villain?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
tirusthevirus



Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 58
Location: Canada
 Reply with quote  

Wonko wrote:
Oh! I know! Have the villian walk by a tall building when a lab assistant throws a bunsen burner out the window of one of the upper floors so that it falls and kills him!
...or has that been done before?


Ahh!! No! that's been done!!! lol. Stop! Don't do it!
Not that it was a villain who was killed by said bunsen burner, but I would still be opposed to repeating the bunsen burner death.
I have David Bowie kill my villain with a Bowie knife during an epic battle. But you can't use that one either. Jeez.
_________________
"Um...is that PMS on your face?"
"Whatever. Don't be jealous."

- Bryce

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
DoctorBollocks



Joined: 19 Jul 2008
Posts: 80
Location: Tennessee
 Reply with quote  

zendao42 wrote:

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out-
remember to let us know if/when you publish your book... Wink


oh i will, i am publishing this mother!
_________________
"Those are dead people laughing, you know that, those people are dead! "~Andy Kaufman

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Overshine



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 11
 Reply with quote  

i've never had to question how to kill off the bad guys in my writing. Heck, I knew how they were going to die before i even knew what they did to deserve it. but i'm just wonderfully twisted that way...

however, in fleshing out the characters of the baddies, they became so wonderfully and evilly awesome, even after killing them in wickedly delightful ways, i kept bringing them back in various forms just because i loved how they harrangued the main character! (the stories have a supernatural twist, so returning villains...although not of the "shoot him in the HEAD varity) aren't so unusual)...the villains really are more fun than the good guys.

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42



Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 13570
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy near you
 Reply with quote  

tirusthevirus wrote:
Wonko wrote:

Oh! I know! Have the villian walk by a tall building when a lab assistant throws a bunsen burner out the window of one of the upper floors so that it falls and kills him!
...or has that been done before?


Ahh!! No! that's been done!!! lol. Stop! Don't do it!
Not that it was a villain who was killed by said bunsen burner, but I would still be opposed to repeating the bunsen burner death.
I have David Bowie kill my villain with a Bowie knife during an epic battle. But you can't use that one either. Jeez.


Hmmm, his real last name was Jones-
planning on working a little Jonestown kool-aid into that? Wink

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:46 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
tirusthevirus



Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 58
Location: Canada
 Reply with quote  

zendao42 wrote:
tirusthevirus wrote:
Wonko wrote:

Oh! I know! Have the villian walk by a tall building when a lab assistant throws a bunsen burner out the window of one of the upper floors so that it falls and kills him!
...or has that been done before?


Ahh!! No! that's been done!!! lol. Stop! Don't do it!
Not that it was a villain who was killed by said bunsen burner, but I would still be opposed to repeating the bunsen burner death.
I have David Bowie kill my villain with a Bowie knife during an epic battle. But you can't use that one either. Jeez.


Hmmm, his real last name was Jones-
planning on working a little Jonestown kool-aid into that? Wink


lol, I was aware that his last name was Jones. However, I didn't know that was the name of the Kool-aid suicide (thank you wikipedia). That's actually a pretty funny idea, but I don't know if I could work that in. "You got Jonestown'ed, biatch! Pwned!" I can't picture that coming from Bowie.
_________________
"Um...is that PMS on your face?"
"Whatever. Don't be jealous."

- Bryce

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
mllefifi



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 8964
Location: Deleoware
 Reply with quote  

Of course, if the character's name is spelled "Jones," he/she could affect a different pronunciation despite the spelling, like "Johns." (Like Hyacinth Bucket --> BOUQUET!)
_________________
"If you allow yourself to be offended, then you're a bit of [a] nitwit."
(Christopher Moore)

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42



Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 13570
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy near you
 Reply with quote  

mllefifi wrote:

Of course, if the character's name is spelled "Jones," he/she could affect a different pronunciation despite the spelling, like "Johns." (Like Hyacinth Bucket --> BOUQUET!)


Or Frankensteen... Wink

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:21 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
  Display posts from previous:      
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 
Templates created by Vereor and Ken