Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Reading Suggestions

john irving (world according to garp spoiler)

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
spacey4

john irving (world according to garp spoiler)  Reply with quote  

a BRILLIANT author, my second favourite (betcha a MILLION dollars you cant guess who number one is). i just finished world acording to garp, and im attempting to convince indigo that 20 bucks is to much for the forth hand, and they should lower their price to 5.73 cents to accomadate how much money i have in my bank account. i think im wearing them down. SO anybody read anything else by him?? (i also read, Until i find you)

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message
JennyO

Suetu and I both love Irving.

My favorite is (and probably always will be) A Prayer for Owen Meany, but Cider House Rules runs a close second.

Kurt Vonnegut

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
spacey4

ya my um..friend..was just telling me how good the owen meany book is so thats going on my list of his books to read

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message
cjamsc

My favorite is The Cider House Rules,although he is incapable of writing a bad book. If you are looking for a fun book I suggest The Hotel New Hampshire.

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Maximus

I read "The World According to Garp" upon its initial release and John Irving immediately became my favorite author surpassing J.D. Salinger at the time. One of my current favorite authors is Paul Auster. I still enjoy reading Vonnegut but in the last several years I discovered books by Christopher Moore and I have read and enjoyed them all.

I also enjoy the writing of Sarah Vowell and the curious work of Edward Gorey.

There was a time when I read everything that Stephen King published, I miss those times. My favorite authors will never write enough books to satisfy my hunger.

It is a pity!

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message
kayvo

I've read all of his books, and I'd have to recommend A Prayer for Owen Meany as his best.

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message
karmayarn

Owen Meany is one of my very favorite books ever. Irving's description of the two churches in town is hysterical and accurate. I have recommended it to three of my closest friends who are all avid readers and I don't think any of them finished it. Is there anyone out there who didn't like this book?

Post Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lisa

Me.

Post Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: