Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

A frog is talking to U.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Katy O

Let the British get the credit for calling the French frogs.

Ou' est la W.C.?

Je m'appelle Katy.

haricots verts

Okay, that's my French.

I can't imagine anyone ever looking at a frog and thinking, "I wonder what that tastes like?" Or thinking the same thing about a snail. Ick!

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Think insane.

What about the jackass that first looked at a lobster and said "I'm gonna eat the big, nasty, giant claw havin', stalk-eyed, bottom feeding motherfucking sea bug. Mmmmmm."

Lobsters make frogs look downright tasty in comparison!

thinkinsane at mac dot com
AIM: thinkpsychotic

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John

Interesting bit of trivia. I love lobster and will spend a lot of money eating the great big ugly sea bugs every summer along with a lot sand and dirt filled steamed clams (steamahs to us New Englanders). But did you know that one of the first groups of people to eat lobster on a regular basis were slaves. The slaves were fed lobsters on slave ships and in coastal towns because the ship crews didn't want to feed the slaves anything good like fish. So , instead they would throw down tons of lobsters which were dirt cheap for them to eat because no sane person would voluntarrily eat the things.

Knowledge is power

Red Sox win!

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Katy O

There is an old law on the books somewhere in the North East that you can't feed your servants lobster more than three times a week. It might have been four times, but some law like that really was written.

Post Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jeannie

I accidentaly ate frog legs once. It was at a buffet and i thought they were small chicken wings that had kind of stretched out. They were very tender and kind of sweet. The best chicken wings I had ever had. I later overheard someone at another table raving about the frog legs so I went back to the buffet to see what they looked like, just out of curiousity. That is when I found out that this buffet didn't serve chicken.

j

Post Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message
jeannie

Oh and Zeb, Bonjour and Bienvenue!

Post Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

Bonjour Zeb,

J'ai talents caché mais je ne parle pas. Je pense que ton cul est supercool et tes yeux sont comme les etoiles.

There is some french that I know. I have never seen your ass so I can't be sure...same goes for your eyes...but I do have hidden talents.

Le sange est dans l'arbre!

Au revoir.

Post Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:37 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
conspiracies unlimited

Welcome  Reply with quote  

Welcome, brother
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message
edrie

l love paris in the springtime! i love paris in the fall...  Reply with quote  

welcome! the most wonderful memories of europe for me are of paris! don't speak a word of french but have been there three times.

almost got arrested one nite after a friend and i had barely escaped the amorous but unwelcome attentions of three guys on the left bank. after my friend and i parted ways, i was walking back to the hotel, somewhat skittishly when i spotted someone walking behind me. ducked behind a sign and watched him leave. a few minutes later, the scenario was repeated. then i spied two gorgeous gendarmes approaching in their tres cute hats.

i jumped out from behind the billboard and immediately began to tell the tale of the evening in rapid english. after a few minutes, one of the gendarmes gently tugged at one of the two pockets on my jacket (where i conveniently had two cokes stashed). he smiled quizzically and said "bomb?" i laughed and said, oh, no, coke! and whipped the can out of the pocket. he then very gently tugged at the other pocket and said, again "bomb"? i really started to laugh and said, no, no! only coke! and showed the other can to the two gentlemen.

i realized that they didn't speak a word of english - but were very curious to find out why i was lurking by the ministry of defense. this was during the days of radical groups blowing things up.

that is just one of the reasons i love paris - another? if you have to be sick, be sick in paris - it is the best place in the world to have the flu - just bury under the down comforter with a good book at the hotel manchester's "little room" and drink french wine and eat cheese!

sigh!

when the wind blows just right across my face, i am transformed - once again huddled in the semicircular cubby over the seine with warm rain caressing me.

Post Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:59 am   View user's profile Send private message
Katie

Hi there. I'm late in my greetings because I've been a super stressed grad student for a while now. And since we're all showing off our French...
J'ai partir maintenent parce que ma grandmere est flambe.
My spelling is rusty.
Bon hiver!
*^_^*
Katie

Post Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
hdm

Katy - did you just say you're leaving now because your grandmother is on fire?

And...happy winter?

Post Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ZEB

Hdm, ta traduction française est parfaite.
Katie raconte n'importe quoi.

Anyway thanks 4 your greetings!

Post Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:48 am   View user's profile Send private message
Katie

Okay, I figured more people would get the Eddie Izzard reference, but no matter. Yes I said my grandmother was on fire. It's funny if you know Eddie Izzard and...oh never mind.
*^_^*
Katie

Post Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ZEB

I know Eddy, but not this one.

Post Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:41 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: