Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

Writing picking up speed

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
J.B.Chamberlin

Writing picking up speed  Reply with quote  

I'm trying another approach this go around - want to see if any of you have tried the same.

Insteead of actually writing, you know... the details, the flair, the dialogue, etc., I'm telling. I'm just doing it to get it out of my head and on paper or in this case a thumb drive. Sometimes the line is little more then a note, a comment., sometimes in my own voice, sometimes a characters. I equate this to putting down a rough coat of primer. It's ugly and no one will ever see it but it's necessary for a finished product. Don't confuse this with a 1st draft. I wouldn't give it that much credit. I'm writing it (for now of course) as if I were explaining the entire book to someone.

Work for anyone else?

---JBC

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

So, you're writing a Jackson Pollack? Shocked

Hey, whatever works- most of us are so busy procrastinating that we forget to write... Wink

Post Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TATATA

I definitely have the procrastination skill down pat.

Mae West

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:17 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: