Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

NaNoWriMo!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Watching The Wheels

I've still got about 300 words. I'm on a roll. I'm .6% finished. Woo!
Rolling Eyes Laughing

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
sugarraydodge

zendao42 wrote:
Half-baked ideas? That's what I do! Shocked

sugarraydodge wrote:

I actually had a date. With a girl, even!

Girl or woman- guess wrong & you can end up in jail... Wink

She's thirty. I think that classifies her as a woman...

Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:40 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Poofiemus

Watching The Wheels wrote:
I've still got about 300 words. I'm on a roll. I'm .6% finished. Woo!
Rolling Eyes Laughing

That's still 300 more than when you started!

Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sephonae

Well, I think my goose is cooked. I've got about 16K and I doubt I can make it to 50K by Nov. 30. Worked 10 hours yesterday, just to keep on track at my "day job" and today's full of activity too. Wah. I could try to push through during the holiday this week, but I know myself too well--I'm just gonna crash and not want to do a damned thing. Ah well...there's always next year! At least I got a good idea for a story out of this excercise!

Post Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
zendao42

Hey, we can always do this sometime that's not November-
holidays are just too damned distracting & depressing...

Post Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:24 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Poofiemus

Thanks!

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. My mom's gotten to about the same point on hers, actually, and is also intending to continue in the off-season.

As for mine, I actually managed to write the end of mine. (Whaaa? No, surely not! No one can end at that speed!) But I only did it by skipping a huge chunk in the middle after getting sick of 30K of virtually nothing happening. XD So, I'm going to spend two to three weeks finishing up my NaNo 06 project, and then launching into a near-complete rewrite of this year's. But since this year's technically is fanfiction, when I get it all rewritten and edited, it's going to see the light of the internet somewhere. Not sure where, but it will be possible for people other than immediate family and friends to read this sucker in the (hopefully near) future.

How's potential editing looking for the rest of you? Like I said, mine pretty much needs an outright rewrite in order to streamline the plot the most efficiently.

Post Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sephonae

CONGRATULATIONS TO POOFIEMUS UNIQUE AND SUGAR RAY DODGE FOR SUCCESSFULLY TAKING ON THIS YEAR’S NANOWRIMO CHALLENGE!

Well done, you two!

I crapped out last week at 16k words, but I'm pleased with having got that far. I dig that I came up with a story idea from nothing, with virtually no notes to work from, and enjoyed the exercise of just typing the ideas directly into Word, instead of writing a first draft by hand, as I'm wont to do. And it's interesting enough to me to keep chipping away at, so I'm gonna. What about you guys, think you'll keep at your NaNoWriMo project or is it done already or what?

Anybody feel like posting an excerpt in the fan fic section of the Board? I'm game if y'all are.

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
yangnome

well, it was a last minute push, but I managed to fucking pull it off. Last week at this time, I was still sitting around 16k. I've had a huge month: bought a house, moved into house, work trip, running twe projects at work, etc. On top of that, I haven;t had internet the past two weeks due to teh effing phone company screwing up during my move. I decided last week though that I was not content with failure. I pushed real hard and managed to break 50k today. The story still has a long way to go, but I'm happy I made it. Oh, and I did manage to have an appearance of the traveling shovel of death. it wasn't involved in the masturbation scene though. OK, time to go. My hands hurt.

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Congrats, folks!

I've been sitting around wondering if life is about to become really wonderful or utterly appalling-
I'm sure there's a story in that but it'd probably depress me to try & write it...

yangnome wrote:

Oh, and I did manage to have an appearance of the traveling shovel of death. it wasn't involved in the masturbation scene though. OK, time to go. My hands hurt.

Looks like you just worked in there... Wink

Post Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:31 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sephonae

Congrats yangnome! Good for you, for pushing through!

Post Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:35 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Poofiemus

Whoa, congratulations, Yangnome! That's epic, seriously. Though I bet it'll be no picnic to edit! But yeah, you did it with a crazy sprint! Right on. And you got in the Travelling Shovel of Death. I wish I could have made it fit. Ah well, there's plenty of room next year, and probably in Screnzy too.

Post Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: