Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Other Games

DIctionary of made up words

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Uptown_Toodeloo

DIctionary of made up words  Reply with quote  

Let's see if anyone is interested in this. We can start a fake dictionary of terms, but you must include a definition with a descriptive sentence. It doesn't have to be posted alphabetically, screw that greek shit. Here is my first entry:

Tilapathy (pronounced Til-A-Pathy) The ability of certain species of fish to communicate with their minds. As in: The tilapia used its innate power of tilapathy to rule the other fish fish today, the world tomorrow.

Post Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

Actually in the 80's at this Irish school where I did my schooling we had a word for a zig-zaggy object/road/line.

Sqwank /Sqwanky

Post Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RadLad

Or we making up zany definitions or words that can be used seriously in a conversation?

Zany
Qosking- The act of kicking off while sitting in a chair with wheels and coasting across the room.

Sentence- The other day Fred and I were fired when the boss caught us qosking between cubicles. So we qosked him out the 17th story window.
chris: k

Post Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Haven't we done this before?

I'm getting a terrible sense of deja vu:

http://bbs.chrismoore.com/viewtopic.php?t=11873

Psst! My word's there... Wink

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:25 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Uptown_Toodeloo

zendao42 wrote:
Haven't we done this before?

I'm getting a terrible sense of deja vu:

http://bbs.chrismoore.com/viewtopic.php?t=11873

Psst! My word's there... Wink

Ok, I admit that I didn't think to go back and see if thei had already been done. The word poped inot my head yesterday evening and I had this idea, but I suppose I should have looked first. Embarassed

I am now going to punish myself for a while. I would say "I'll go beat myself for it" but that isn't reallly a punishment, now is it? Wink Wink nudge nudge say no more.

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:47 am   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

Don't tell me I actually repeated something I already said in the past?

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:36 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: