Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> YOU SUCK: A Love Story

Jody (spoilers)

Was it OK for Jody to lie about Simon's death?
Yes, telling the truth would have only made people think less of Simon
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Yes, but she should have owned up to it later
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, but it would have been OK to not say anything if Tommy assumed Elijah did it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, she should have been honest and taken responsibility for it
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Yes, she is a Goddess of the Night and puny human lives are insignificant
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
E. Q. Taft

Jody (spoilers)  Reply with quote  

OK, just reread Bloodsucking Fiends and You Suck back-to-back, and in the right order this time. And I find myself wondering this:

During the course of two books, Jody kills several people, injures and harms several more, and does a bit of manipulation and using people here and there.

So why is it that the only thing that I really find it hard to forgive her for is when she lies to Tommy and the Animals by saying Elijah killed Simon?

Now, true, the people she killed were either the black-aura'd folks (who generally seemed ready for and accepting of death), or self-defense (as in fact was the case with Simon). And she didn't always tell Tommy everything about some incidents. But for some reason, actually lying to him about who killed Simon, and then allowing him to continue to believe it all through the second book -- that just really bugs me.

I wonder if this will come back to haunt her in the third book (assuming she and Tommy are going to play roles other than room decoration for Abby and Foo Dog, of course).
To get a little feel
of my own faulty bagnose.

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
zendao42

Don't forget that in addition to being a bit of a dick, Simon did have a black aura-
that's why he wanted to be turned, but she couldn't turn him & had to save herself & Tommy...

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:08 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
E. Q. Taft

Well, again, I don't blame her for killing him (which was accidental anyway, IIRC -- she wanted to stop him but not necessarily kill him) -- not only did he have the black aura, but he was threatening to shoot her repeatedly. But lying about it bothered me. Which may say more about me than her. Smile
To get a little feel
of my own faulty bagnose.

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:01 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
zendao42

Everybody lies, matters more what they lie about-
if no good can come from telling the truth, it's best to just keep your mouth shut... Wink

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mllefifi

zendao42 wrote:
Everybody lies, matters more what they lie about-
if no good can come from telling the truth, it's best to just keep your mouth shut... Wink

Did Dr. House say that once? Question

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:09 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: