Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Author Guy Tour Update -Still no Monkey Butt Event!

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mllefifi

Author Guy Tour Update -Still no Monkey Butt Event!  Reply with quote  

chris wrote:
January 9th, 2009

You guys, here’s a few updates to the tour schedule. They’ve added another event in L.A on the 14th, as well as the Philly and D.C. dates at the end. Ann Arbor, Chicago, and perhaps other Midwest venues yet to come, and probably another Bay Area or two.

Feb.10: Books Inc, Opera Plaza, SF (Launch)
Feb. 11: Book Passage, Corte Madera
Feb. 12: Mysterious Galaxy, San Diego
Feb. 13: B & N, Santa Monica
Feb. 14: Borders, Northridge
Feb. 15: 3rd Place, Seattle
Feb. 16: University, Seattle
Feb. 17: Powell’s, Portland
Feb. 19: Tattered Cover, Denver
Feb. 20: Boulder Bookstore, Boulder
Feb. 22: Bookpeople, Austin
Feb. 23: Wordsmith, Atlanta
Feb. 25: B & N Lincoln Center, NYC
Feb. 26: Chester County Books, PA
Feb. 27: Politics & Prose, Washington DC

Chris, thanks for the dates!

Last edited by mllefifi on Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:07 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

Well, this was the latest I heard about the tour:

Hey Chicago, Phoenix, Detroit, Toronto,and Minneapolis, guess what?

Chicken Butt!

That's right, I've gotten the final confirmation on the tour, and all those cities that were on stand-by?

No! Big ginormous No to you. Turns out, that the economy is, uh, not doing that well, so my five week tour is, uh, two weeks long.

I guess the powers that be are punishing Chicago and Friends because I ate a Snickers out of the mini-bar on the last tour and costs got out of hand.

But the good news is, you can order SIGNED first edtions from the links below. But you need to get your orders in BEFORE February 10th, so they'll have the books on hand for me to sign when I get there.

Fool and/or Lamb (Lamb's the leather edition, not a first edition.)*

Signed Fool Firsts*

Canadians - I'm pretty sure both these stores will ship to Canada, but you're going to have to call them.

Now, Chicago didn't make the cut, so don't go on about why I'm not coming to your town. Because I think we all know that Chicago can kick the ass of your wussy little town. Maybe the economy will recover by the time the paperback comes out and then I can come to everyone's house and personally read the book to you.

Here's the tour as it stands. We still may add Capitola and Petaluma, California, but for now (check back for corrections, too, times and whatnot, if you're coming to an event, Philly AND D.C. are on the 26th and 27th, should have details up by the weekend.):

Christopher Moore's Fool Tour*

*'Space links I don't dare try to convert here

In short, the economy sucks- we should buy Mo(o)re books!

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:09 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wonko

Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Today just sucks!
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
First thing in the morning, I found out my car needs $1,500 in repairs, then I learn that my city business license will be delinquent in two days, because when I called to find out why it hasn't arrived yet, I was told they never got the payment. I thought I had paid it, but the bill came right after my dad died, so I can't remember clearly if it got sent out, and I can't find any of the renewal paperwork. Then, while making dinner, I burned my hand which will cause me to lose work if it isn't healed by Sunday.

And now, to top it all off, I find out I'm in Monkey Butt, Arizona! (well, okay, 2 1/2 hours away, but it still means no signed books for me)

Damned economy! Damned Harper Collins! They'll fucking send Elmore Leonard to within 5 miles of me for the Tucson Festival of Books, but they won't let the AG do a signing in Scottsdale! Idea Hey! maybe you could beat him up and take his place at the Festival of Books! Yeah! Laughing Laughing
No, not really... I don't want you to beat up any authors who are on your suggested reading list.

Okay, Ill stop ranting, now. I'm starting to sound like GeG or NDY.
Embarassed
I should look on the bright side. This answers the question of how I was going to afford to get to the signing... Smile

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

Well, now you know why I didn't e-mail that one-
do you want me to get a copy signed for you in Atlanta?

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:28 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mllefifi

Hey, "you people," Wink

Here's an idea that came to me with regard to the intended homecoming bash for Robb in August, but adapted here for the Fool tour:

Do y'all think it might be possible -- if Chris and the powers-that-be at a given venue will allow (and if free wi-fi is present) -- for someone to bring a laptop and a webcam to one of the book-signings and provide a live "broadcast" of the presentation on the internet?

'Cause, like, you know, that would be so cool, like.

Just an idea. Cool

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

Sounds good, it'd probably be more doable at an independent bookstore-
unless they're doing what they did on the last tour,
which doesn't seem likely considering they already cut it in half...

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: