Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> FOOL

Question(s) [OMG Spoilers!]

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
18Rabbit

Question(s) [OMG Spoilers!]  Reply with quote  

Was Mother Basil was really a man, a woman being played by a man in "the play" or just a hairy old woman who shaved? The quote that inspired the question and the debate with my wife is:

"How I loved watching her shave every morning ... carefully shaving the blue-black whiskers from her face. She would show me how to shave the little spot under your nose, and how she pulled aside the skin on her neck, so as to not nick her Adam's apple."

Thanks!

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RadLad

I'm going to need to reread the book (I just finished last night), because while I remember the line, I'm not sure if it was meant for truth or just to inspire hilarity. I just thought it was a huge convent of lesbian nuns.

And her name is Basil? I had forgotten that. Wasn't one of the witches a Basil?
chris: k

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:56 am   View user's profile Send private message
Vixen Jules

The three witches are Parsley, Sage, & Rosemary.

I got the Tranny feeling from Mother Basil when reading it myself, but I don't have any personal experience with Nuns so maybe it is just a lesbian thingy.

Mmmmm... Kissing girls is a great way to pass the time.

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:46 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
18Rabbit

So Chris answered this on the radio interview he did, yes Mother Basil is a man. Smile

My wife will be happy because she gets to be right again.

Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:48 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
permanentlyperplexed

so, in the process of Reading this new and blessed little tome (which will probably be finished by the end of the week if not by tomorrow...) i find a great similarity between Pocket and Biff.

sorry if that's been stated already, i'm trying not to read the spoilers yet :$ i just had to say that, it's been gnawing at my brain all day for some reason.
it is my lot in life to meet every ass hole on the planet and admire them for some quality that they possess that most others do not see b/c they can not see beyond the ass holiness ~permanently perplexed

Post Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
LostInWalmart

yes yes yes! Pocket and Biff - both working behind the scenes to make things happen.

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:29 am   View user's profile Send private message
permanentlyperplexed

ok, now i can read the spoilers Very Happy

yay!

I love how there is essentially a happy ending to every book, though be it slightly twisted to be that way. I think I will be incredibly sad the day Chris writes a true tragedy...he could do it, but it would just be unsatisfying and dog fuckingly depressing. Like when Charlie died in A Dirty Job, I was like "NO!" about to curse and bring down the heavens and wrath of the gods with my voodoo powers, but then he was a squirrel person, so i guess it wasn't so bad...

mk, i shouldn't write or post anything after I have redirected the chi flow in my apartment...

yay Cordelia and Pocket Smile
it is my lot in life to meet every ass hole on the planet and admire them for some quality that they possess that most others do not see b/c they can not see beyond the ass holiness ~permanently perplexed

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
18Rabbit

I had another question for you Chris. Did you actually stick your junk through an arrow loop or was it just eyeballed? Very Happy

Post Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: