Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Travel in Israel

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Easter Colors

Travel in Israel  Reply with quote  

1. I'm going to Israel in May. Since you were there researching Lamb, is there anything I absolutely shouldn't miss, recommendations, watch-outs, and are camel rides fun?

2. Have you ever read Patrick McManus? Because he has characters named Biff and Mavis (waitress with false eyelashes), and a garage that slurps things into its maw. Or is this just coincidence?

Post Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:02 pm   
chris
Site Admin

Re: Travel in Israel  Reply with quote  

Easter Colors wrote:
1. I'm going to Israel in May. Since you were there researching Lamb, is there anything I absolutely shouldn't miss, recommendations, watch-outs, and are camel rides fun?

2. Have you ever read Patrick McManus? Because he has characters named Biff and Mavis (waitress with false eyelashes), and a garage that slurps things into its maw. Or is this just coincidence?

Check out Joppa.

I've never read McManus.

Post Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Quinn

to miss or not to miss  Reply with quote  

If you see a guy on a street corner, juicing pomegranates and holding out the drink in dirty little cups that at least 30 people have sipped from without even a rinse in between greasy lips, then by all means give it a try! Delicious.

I would also highly recommend seeing Masada, but don't feel obligated to run up the path like the army recruits do, visit the Dead Sea, and if you get a chance spend a night in the desert. I woke up with the sun and got to see a line of camels walking down the dirt road. No people, just camels - one after the other as far as I could see. Still wonder where they were going.

Q.

Post Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Dave S.

Old City Jerusalem is a must!

Post Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:53 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: