Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> The Author Guy Boardello Cookbook

Pizza Grill Cheese Sandwich

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Deive

Pizza Grill Cheese Sandwich  Reply with quote  

I've been enjoying this for a few days and I thought I'd share my creation here where others might enjoy it as well. Send me a msg if you like it so I know.

White bread or sour dough. (I use laverics homemade white bread)
Pizza Sauce
Monterrey jack or mozzarella or both (depending on what you like)
Pepperoni slices
Butter

Take two slices of bread and butter the outsides. Put a thin layer of sauce on both insides of the bread. line one side with single cheese. Put pepperoni slices on other side. (if using two cheeses put one on one side the other on other side and pepperoni in middle). Heat Pan to a medium high. Put sandwich in pan and brown on one side. Flip and wait til brown on other side and cheese is melted. You might need to play with the temp depending on stove top.

Don't eat when too hot. Enjoy Smile

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

Ah, sounds like a variation of Pizza Toast- a favorite from my stoned college days... Wink

The main difference is that I never cooked it in a pan (no time for that between classes)-
instead, I'd either pop it in the oven or put the bread in the toaster
& then nuke it after putting on the sauce & cheese-
if you eat that as an open-faced sandwich, make sure you don't use fat-free cheese... Shocked

I never used pepperoni (or even olives) but I always sprinkled a little garlic powder in the sauce-
had to keep the vampires away, ya know... Wink

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: