Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

New blog post: The Sneezing Cow and the Pacific Northwest

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mllefifi

New blog post: The Sneezing Cow and the Pacific Northwest  Reply with quote  

chris wrote:
The Sneezing Cow and the Pacific Northwest
May 11th, 2009

Hey Kids:

Just a heads up, my friend Michael Perry is coming to Seattle and Portland over the next week, and if you’re in the neighborhood and could use a smile you should go see him. He’s an essayist who writes about rural life in Wisconsin in a very funny yet touching way. Think David Sedaris with livestock and volunteer firemen.

His new book is COOP, and I just bought it at his event yesterday, so I can’t report on it yet, but what he read from it was terrific, and he does a pretty good show beyond the reading part.

Here’s the dates. Details at Mike’s web site: SneezingCow.com

* May 11 The Secret Garden Bookshop and the Seattle Public Library Ballard Branch
Seattle, WA
* May 11 University Book Store
Seattle, WA
* May 12 Third Place Books
Lake Forest Park, WA
* May 13 Elliot Bay Book Company at Town Hall
Seattle, WA
* May 14 Powell’s Bookstore
Portland, OR

Post Mon May 11, 2009 4:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
girlEgirl

oh i wish i could go! Sad sounds pretty cool, and i love that bookstore with the big ass chess board, but between calico camps and lessons, ill be lucky to put aside a few bucks for our end of the summer trip to new england. but its nice of you to get people to go to this reading. the best i can do is put in a request for it at my local library if they don't already have it.

Post Mon May 11, 2009 9:25 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wonko

If anyone from the board is going to any of these, I would appreciate it if you could pick up a signed copy for me. I've only read Population: 485, but I loved it!

Post Mon May 11, 2009 10:08 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sparky~

I am such a loser! just seeing this post now.... sorry I missed this!

thanks for the heads up though.... next time I'll try to pay better attention....

Post Sun May 24, 2009 11:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Sparky, know what's really freaky?

While you were in the middle of posting,
this thread popped up at the bottom of the search page with the date from 2 weeks ago-
thought somebody'd stolen the time machine again... Shocked

Post Sun May 24, 2009 11:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sparky~

zendao42 wrote:
Sparky, know what's really freaky?

While you were in the middle of posting,
this thread popped up at the bottom of the search page with the date from 2 weeks ago-
thought somebody'd stolen the time machine again... Shocked

y'know... I think this thread just may have vanished into cyber space for a time

b/c even when I don't have much time to spend on the board, I usually do stop by once every 1-2 days & do a search & quick browse of new post thread titles... and I swear to lil' baby jesus I never saw this thread title before last night, it surely would've caught my attention

Post Mon May 25, 2009 10:56 am   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Apparently, the AG has the time machine:

http://bbs.chrismoore.com/viewtopic.php?t=18171

Just so you don't also miss that one... Wink

Post Mon May 25, 2009 11:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sgt_steve

Mmm, Powells.

Mmm, Third Place.

Meanwhile, the original Borders store continues its downhill slide. Sniff.

Post Tue May 26, 2009 10:09 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: