Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Demo Day Pics (image Heavy)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Laveric

Demo Day Pics (image Heavy)  Reply with quote  

Here are some pics of the results of Demo Day.... Amazing what you can do with 17 people and a couple hours...

Living room walls are overrated:

I can see my attic from here... no really.

You can get a ton of people to remove walls, but no one to do wallpaper... so you get this:

20 yards is much bigger than I thought...

But 20 yards is just barely big enough...

Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

Smile Smile Smile

We have the same front door.

Nice job!

Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
girlEgirl

Cool

Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

Makes me tired just looking at it! Shocked

Psst! If you want volunteers to peel off wallpaper, ya gots to give them drugs first... Twisted Evil

Right, GEG? Wink

Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JustAGirl

I would consider removing wallpaper for lots and lots of weed.

Hmmm... better make it hash.

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:54 am   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

I'm with you, JAG. Only I'll supervise, 'kay?

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:53 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Deive

Yeah problem is you get the same end result as when you let them have the beer before you start. It comes out like crap and takes a lot longer then it should.

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JustAGirl

Sara Leigh wrote:
I'm with you, JAG. Only I'll supervise, 'kay?

'kay.

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:57 am   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

Any idea why they filled in a door frame?
Did it lead outside? A secret room? What?

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:27 am   View user's profile Send private message
Goudron

Awesome job! Are you going to insulate those walls? I often want to tear ours out to put more insulation in but I don't want to put them back up. I bet Mr.s Goudron would think that would look tacky.

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:14 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
knikkki

At my house, that pink stuff is filled with rat shit. yep.

This is one of many reasons I can't wait to move. Also, really happy I don't have to tear anything down myself.

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DanaMichelle

Holy moly! You guys sure have your work cut out for you! Congrats, though!

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Deive

No filled in door frames I think you're looking at the closet whose dry wall we didn't rip off cause it wasn't covered in wall paper.

If there was rat shit in my walls I'd rip it out even quicker. We all had face masks while ripping things out cause we had mold.

Yes we're re insulating the walls. That was the main reason for tearing out all the dry wall. We are however planning on putting it back up. We're also increasing the electrical and running some gas lines. our current electrical box is 100 and we're going to put in 200. it's a bit of over kill but we'll never have to do it again and it's not that much more then 150. I want to have options in the kitchen and laundry room so they will be set up for gas and electric appliances. I like gas in the kitchen but my mom swears by her convection oven. I like gas cause when your electricity is out you can still cook.

Yes we do have a lot of work to go. Tomorrow we're taking out the poop pipe. Yay.

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jsdonze

Deive wrote:
I want to have options in the kitchen and laundry room so they will be set up for gas and electric appliances. I like gas in the kitchen but my mom swears by her convection oven. I like gas cause when your electricity is out you can still cook.

I quite agree. An electric oven is more accurate, and convection is fast, but a gas cooktop [range] is an absolute necessity. I love to cook and I cook a lot; electric cooktops are a royal pain in the caboose. Never met a professional cook/chef who liked an electric cooktop. Duel-fuel is awesome.

Quote:
Tomorrow we're taking out the poop pipe. Yay.

Shocked Yay. And ewwww. Good luck with that.

When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not; but my faculties are decaying, now, and soon I shall be so I cannot remember any but the latter.

--Mark Twain, Autobiography

Post Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:05 am   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Deive wrote:

Yeah problem is you get the same end result as when you let them have the beer before you start. It comes out like crap and takes a lot longer then it should.

Not with stoners- at worst, they just get distracted & go out for snacks-
ya still win if they bring some back for you, too... Cool

Post Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: