Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

authorly question

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
slow_loris

authorly question  Reply with quote  

I used the contact form to send this question a moment ago, apologies for the duplication:

Question: When writing a story, how much of the plot do you have figured out before you begin the actual writing? And, if you find yourself in the middle or even three quarters of the way through a project, and you suddenly come upon a brilliant new idea that you believe may make your work better, but will require completely re-writing the work from the beginning, what do you do? Do you start all over again to incorporate that idea? Or just try to finish the project first and then go back and see if you should put in that brilliant new idea? This happens to me frequently, I would greatly appreciate some advice on how to handle it.

Post Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:19 pm   
chris
Site Admin

slow loris, your answer is in the "So you wanna be a Writer forum." Someone paste a link, I have to get to work.
Chris

Post Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
slow_loris

thank you  Reply with quote  

Oops. I posted the question in the wrong forum. Thank you for answering, and here is the link: http://bbs.chrismoore.com/viewtopic.php?t=2737

Post Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:09 pm   
Lauren

Quote:
Quoth Chris:Someone paste a link, I have to get to work.

*grumbles* What do we look like, your frickin' secretaries or something?

Hey. waitaminute.

AG, do you, uh, need any secretaries? I think I could handle the job. I can use the interweb to research things, make a mean cup of coffee, file my nails, and chat over the phone/IM. I also can use a photocopier and a fax machine, and can fix jams in both of those machines and most printers. I've got this whole mailing things via the US Postal Service, UPS and Fedex worked out, and promise to never send anything to Singapore by accident.

I could even learn to reload the paintball gun so it would always be ready to aim at wandering chickens. References upon request.

Wink

Post Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
y

Oooh! Oooh! Pick me too! Me too!! I can do those things! And I know how to load a paintball gun! I can help set up a perimeter to ward off any uninvited chickens!

Post Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:57 am   View user's profile Send private message
Jillybeans

chris wrote:
slow loris, your answer is in the "So you wanna be a Writer forum." Someone paste a link, I have to get to work.
Chris

Lauren quoth: "What do we look like? Your frickin secretaries." and I reply without seemingly try to irritate, annoy, aggravate the one and only AG but

No. No and one more time NO!!!

I was a secretary for 24 years. Had bosses threaten to throw me out the windows, had bosses that couldn't keep their hands to themselves (Oh. Did I mention that I accidentally elbowed one in the groin and dumped hot cigarettes in his lap? and one Vietnam vet who was having a flashback throw a phone at me. Twisted Evil ) Now I am serenely self employed and that is because if I'm arguing or running away from boss person then I need to be put in the hospital. So I guess you're not even going to look at my resume, Chris?

Wade Davis (I knew there was a reason I liked Wade Davis)

Post Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:17 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: