Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

How little faith
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Watching The Wheels

Ginjg wrote:
juissez wrote:
Props to Clinton and Bush (43) for actually doing their jobs, and not partaking in any of this 1984 crap

I guess you were off planet 9/11/01, huh?

Fun Fact, juissez: if memory serves, I'm kinda-vaguely-almost-99.9%-sure 43 was at an elementary school that day. Just sayin'

Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:15 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ginjg

Watching The Wheels wrote:
Ginjg wrote:
juissez wrote:
Props to Clinton and Bush (43) for actually doing their jobs, and not partaking in any of this 1984 crap

I guess you were off planet 9/11/01, huh?

Fun Fact, juissez: if memory serves, I'm kinda-vaguely-almost-99.9%-sure 43 was at an elementary school that day. Just sayin'
There's uncut video on the web, archived at the news sites, and numerous newspaper reports. google Bush and "The Pet Goat"

He was informed of the second plane hitting mid reading lesson, looked slightly concerned, but remained for the entire lesson. Then took a quick briefing and made the announcement from the school grounds.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
juissez

Sorry, should have made myself clearer.

I was specifically talking about Presidents giving speeches meant to be shown to ALL students nationwide, like Bush (41) did.

I was not including the times the various Presidents visited schools for lesser reasons such as photo-ops. They all do that.

I stand by my comment regarding useless visits to the auditorium, however.

And if Clinton did give a speech specifically directed to school children, then I stand corrected. But come on, did you really have to give me yet another reason to dislike Clinton?

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:39 am   View user's profile Send private message
juissez

Assuming I am wrong about Bush (43) and Clinton, then how far back into history do I have to go to find a President that did not attempt to interfere in the relationships between America's parents and their children?

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:48 am   View user's profile Send private message
Goudron

I was thinking the Patriot Act had way more to do with 1984 than any president's speech to the children.

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Watching The Wheels

juissez wrote:
I was specifically talking about Presidents giving speeches meant to be shown to ALL students nationwide...

Oh, shit! Perish the thought!

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:29 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ginjg

prior to the advent of Radio, they sent out hard copy. Teddy Roosevelt's 1907 arbor day message to school children

~~~~~~~

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tito

Ginjg wrote:
prior to the advent of Radio, they sent out hard copy. Teddy Roosevelt's 1907 arbor day message to school children

Teddy Roosevelt was not a mere president . . . he was a god among presidents.

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ginjg

^ you mean he was "the one"?

~~~~~~~

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
juissez

Well done with the precedent, Ginjg

Post Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:27 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: