Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> YOU SUCK: A Love Story

Inquiring about "Bite Me"

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
themagiczebra

Inquiring about "Bite Me"  Reply with quote  

This being my first post here, I thought to give a brief introduction.

So, about 3 years ago I picked up Lamb. After reading it, I realized that CM was the author I'd been looking for. I never really was much of a reader, and I sought to change that. However, my interest in reading was at an all-time low mainly due to the fact that I couldn't ever find an author who's writing style I liked. Lamb changed that for me completely, and I was compelled to pick out another of CM's work.

A month later, I came across Bloodsucking Fiends, which was something that caught my attention immediately as I read the title and description. I love vampires: games, books, movies, you name it. So, I thought that a story about a vampire combined with CM's comical style would be an amazing combo for me to enjoy. I absolutely loved that book!

Two years later, I realized that I had missed out on the experience of reading for enjoyment. Being a student in the IT field, I was forced to read horrible, dry, and boring books on theory of programming and the likes. Reading was more of a chore that I tried my hardest to avoid. Fortunately, Bloodsucking Fiends had made such an impression on me that I was thinking about how I can re-enter the world leisure reading. I decided to go for another Moore book, and that's when I discovered YS:ALS.

I just recently purchased You Suck from Amazon about 3 weeks ago with much enthusiasm (I nearly crapped myself when I learned that the story of Tommy and Jody had been picked up and continued). Once it arrived, I had it finished within a week.

It was very disappointing to see the story come to an end. The ending wasn't bad, but it wasn't sufficient enough for me to be satisfied with. In other words, I'm still on the edge of my seat.

Hoping that there might be a third book to this story, I joined these forums to get some insight. I read in a post that was made by CM sometime in 2008 where he stated that he intended to write a a third book titled Bite Me, which I assume would pick up where You Suck left off.

My questions are:

1. Is there a third book in the process?
2. If yes to #1, how is the progress so far?
3. If yes to #1, when might we expect to see it released?
4. If no to #1, why not? (and can I possibly bribe you somehow to write a third one anyway?)

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:53 am   View user's profile Send private message
Wonko

Re: Inquiring about "Bite Me"  Reply with quote  

themagiczebra wrote:
My questions are:

1. Is there a third book in the process?
2. If yes to #1, how is the progress so far?
3. If yes to #1, when might we expect to see it released?
4. If no to #1, why not? (and can I possibly bribe you somehow to write a third one anyway?)

My Answers are:
(mind you, these are not definitive, they are only the best my poor memory can do)

1. Yes
2. The AG is finished writing it and it is currently in the proofreading, editing, polishing process.
3. The last I heard it was due out late spring 2010
4. Uh... ignore my last three answers... Bribes are welcome! Large amounts of cash in various denominations($20s, $50s $100s) Send me a PM and I'll send you the address where you can send me the money and I'll make sure the third book is written by this time next year. Cool

Now: read The Rules, and get over to Who's Who and Introduce yourself properly. Someone will be along to administer your stripsearch. People will expect you to bring pie. Fruitbats get cranky if denied their pie.

Strip, Stack and post.

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: