Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Real subtle, dude
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ginjg

^Kar:
There is a group of people who legitimately disagree with Obama's policies despite the fact that they're offering no viable alternatives. No one's calling them racist.

But there is no denying that there is real racism being demonstrated in the rhetoric of a significant portion of the protesters. And another significant segment who rant about fascism and communism when they clearly have little concept of what those are.

Re: extending patriot act provisions - I want law enforcement to know and keep it's place and stay within bounds, but I also acknowledge that it does have a place and should have reasonable tools to do it's job.

The Lone Wolf and Roving Wire Tap provisions are reasonable on their face. I know, I know, the devil is in the details. A lone wolf isn't any less dangerous than an affiliated terrorist. And given the current state of phone tech/usage, a wire tap warrant should be issued on the individual under surveillance.

I do object to the business records provision being extended. It's a just a fishing expedition unless there's proof a business is doing something illegal in which case a warrant a could be easily obtained.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
imonica

I don't believe that all people who disagree with Obama are racist. Republicans and Democrats seldom agree, no matter what their race is. I have to say, however, that I have never before seen such a vicious reaction to a president that I see directed at Obama. I'm told that Kennedy was hated like that. Possibly because he was a catholic? It was before my time, so I have to take my mother's word for it. I know people, personally, who have said things about Obama...well, I won't repeat what they said. But it's bad enough that I no longer want these people to be around my child. And I feel like an idiot, because I didn't see how hateful these people were before this. I suppose there was no way for me to know, because I never heard them speaking about anyone like that before. It's not just hatred, it's rage! WTF?!

Post Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: