Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

The Dickipedia Skewers Politicians

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sgt_steve

The Dickipedia Skewers Politicians  Reply with quote  

I was about to post this elsewhere, but given the quote in it, politics seemed more appropriate.

There is an online encyclopedia of people who are dicks. Given the nature of some of the online encyclopedias out there, one shouldn't be surprised there's one on dicks. But Dickipedia outshines them all both in terms of entertainment and deadly description. For some reason, the largest group is the political. For example of style and content, take this excerpt from their page on Dick Cheney:

Dickipedia wrote:
...Cheney is sub-species of dick known as the "Chicken Hawk,” which is a person who publicly supports a war but is too much of a pussy to fight in it himself. . . .

In 1963, with the draft board ramping up, Cheney enrolled in Casper Community College (one of the finest institutions of higher-learning in Southwest Casper), and received his first student deferment. Later that year, he got his second student deferment. In August of 1964, Congress passed the Gulf of Tonkin resolution, escalating American military involvement. Twenty-two days later, Dick married his wife, and a few months later received his third deferment. In July, 1965, President Johnson announced he would double the number of draftees. Cheney moved quickly, entered graduate school that year, and received his fourth student deferment. This was quite a sacrifice, as grad school is known to be extremely boring. Cheney received a “hardship exemption" in 1966 when he and his wife conceived their first child. By the next year, he was no longer eligible for the draft. It had been a long process, but Cheney learned a valuable lesson: if you get in a jam, you can usually get out of it by fucking somebody.

. . .

In 1989 Cheney became Secretary of Defense for President George H.W. Bush. In defending the decision not to take Baghdad and topple Saddam Hussein at the time, he said:

“I don't think you could have done all of that without significant additional U.S. casualties...And the question in my mind is, how many additional American casualties is Saddam worth? And the answer is, not that damned many.”

This is known as “irony.”
Thus far I've spent a very pleasant hour reading about liberal dicks, entertainment dicks, general dicks, and your mom:
Dickipedia wrote:
...She would be very disappointed if she knew you were reading this.
I give it an 8, with a bullet.

Post Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TheVeryMerryHempster

I likes it. Very Happy

EDIT: My Dickipedia doesn't seem to be working this morning. How embarrassing. Embarassed

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:14 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: