Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

How come when you're newly married, women get interested
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sgt_steve

On a more serious note...OK, I think I get it. There's more than one purpose, and more than one motive.

Some flirt for sport and regard married men as more worthy opponents. It might be because married men tend to have practiced a lot in order to get married, or have a high difficulty rating because they resist harder, or just because.

Some flirt more with attached men because the flirter is unsure of herself and knows single men will want to take it to a place that 'safely' married men won't. Well, in theory they won't.

Some flirt for cruelty, or revenge, or as a power game, or because they're mad at a third party. In any case, it doesn't have much to do with liking or not liking, it has to do with scoring points.

OK, I can understand all of these. I sure don't think much of the last, but am pleased to see that most of you don't either.

And I thank you all for the observations and the comments. It's funny how a half-facetious question can turned up a lot of good stuff to chew on.

Post Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ginjg

One more reason women are drawn to flirt with married men is that they are usually relaxed and genuine. They're not out to impress anyone so they exude a calm confidence that is very sexy.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
y

You know, sometimes it's not the fault of the woman, but that of the man. Sometimes, once a man is in a committed relationship his subconscious sets off these little flags every time he passes by a memeber of the opposite sex that says, "hey man, you see that piece of ass over there, well you won't be to hit that again...ever!" Therefore it's his own staring that has started the fliting in the first place.

Last edited by y on Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:20 am   View user's profile Send private message
Jilly

Ferrit Leggings wrote:
Jilly wrote:
conspiracies unlimited wrote:
nobody ever flirts with me... Sad

Awwwww. Poor CU. I'll flirt with you because no one ever flirts with me either. So I'll practice on you. My lip is pouting. I think I scare most men. I don't know why. Is it because I laugh at them?

Ohh pouty lips, sexy.

Can't fotget CU:

HMMM, You have a lovey gun there big boy.

now don't get too excited CU it is just flirting.

another edit:

Hey There Sarge.

Same goes for you. Arrow it is just flirting

And not an invitation. We're just having fun torturing you...but then again...you never know...do ya???

Post Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:42 am   
conspiracies unlimited

Yea!!!

I've been flirted with... Hell, I'm so hot even guys are flirting with me!!! Hmmm, good thing I'm all secure in my heterosexualality thingy... Hell, I'm just happy that someone finds me all sexy and what-not...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lauren

I'll go with JennyO on the married men being safe to flirt with. It's a nice little ego boost when someone flirts back, and you don't have to worry about backing it up with anything later on.

There's one guy here (I'm away at sales conference right now) who is married and the two of us banter all the time. He's awesome, and is just as quick to toss his arm around my shoulders and say "Hey baby, what's up?" all smooth-like as he is to tell cute stories about his daughter.

And then there are the married guys who never learned to flirt and seem to think that everything I say is an invitation. Or one guy, really. Ick. (No, I'm not flirting with him anymore, but I don't think he's realized that quite yet.)

Post Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Unc

Ginjg wrote:
One more reason women are drawn to flirt with married men is that they are usually relaxed and genuine. They're not out to impress anyone so they exude a calm confidence that is very sexy.

And in many cases there is no chance of anything actually happening as a result of the flirting. That makes it safe. Cool

Post Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:06 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Regina

another observation that I have about that is that happy, in love people tend to seem more attractive. Yes, it has to do with the relaxed, confident thing but there tends to be a glow about someone who is getting lots of good stuff from their relationship... Plus, happy marrieds tend to not have the predatory vibe that some (not all) single men (women have it too, I've seen it, it scares me) exhibit.

Post Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:06 am   View user's profile Send private message

I think the thing about "we can, and it being fun" is really true. I don't know how serious it is though. I don't know if women takes it lighter then men.
Most women I know like to flirt around work but none of them want anything to come of it.

It's like a good argument or discussion. Your mind starts to flash, the blood races and you get a reaction. It's a hell of a lot of fun. Whether you're the flirt or flirtee. I'm pretty sure flirtee isn't a word.

I have heard from men that they get hit on more if they are married.
I think that's totally different.
Women try to seduce a married man for the same reasons men try to seduce a married woman. It's safer. You will get a liason that really doesn't go anywhere and you get sex. If it goes on for a while you get conflict and drama. Your emotions go on a roller coaster ride and you're getting away with something ...until you let yourself get caught, or you end it.
All that stuff is like a movie. Some people really want the conflict, it's what they are used to. So they go looking for it.

Post Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:31 am   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: