Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

More New Meat
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lavandula Girl

Did Joe go back to his *ahem* medically themed avatar?

No, I meant the EQ Taft avatar, but I knew he made it the South Park site. EQ just thinks I think he's really a South Park character... Wink

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:55 am   View user's profile Send private message
CarbonFragments

Welcome!

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:05 am   View user's profile Send private message
Joelibris

I ain't Joe Mama. I'm Joe Worst Nightmare, unelss you enjoy being cavity searched by a guy with thick fingers. I which case, I'll bring the pizza and beer.

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Vixen Jules

Now I'll say it like it's chocolate cake:

HEY HOWDY HEY!!!

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
E. Q. Taft

Been gone a while: updates  Reply with quote  

I haven't been around these parts for a while, so here's an update:

My job pretty much petered out in April; I went from being under-employed to unemployed. Unfortunately, since I'd officially been an "independent contractor" rather than an employee, I didn't qualify for unemployment. Things were...well, grim for a few months there. Food stamps, and my extremely generous housemate, kept me off the streets and fed.

So in July, I started training to be a truck driver. Passed the course, did thirty days on the road with a trainer, and now am riding with a "phase II" trainer. Income during initial training was small, but a VAST improvement from zero. And now that I'm actually going to be paid by the mile instead of just a daily training stipend, should go up. And once I'm completely past training, should actually get fairly respectable. I still have to spend a lot paying off debts, but things are certainly looking up.

Being away from home so much does kind of suck, and it's been harder than heck to get to book stores, but I finally managed to get my hands on a copy of Fool and found it well worth waiting for. Now I've finally read 'em all. So I'm reading some of them again....and preaching to friends and acquaintances that they need to start reading them, f'r Josh's sake. I mean, really. Anyone who isn't reading everything the AG publishes has a serious problem. The stuff is just too damn good.

Anyway, hope to check in here a bit more regularly again. Though out on the road, net access is a bit sporadic (something that will be fixed to some degree as some semblance of prosperity seeps in).

It's good to be back.[/i]
To get a little feel
of my own faulty bagnose.

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Goudron

I've always wanted to be a truck driver. Have fun, but be safe!!

Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Katy O

What he ^ said!

Post Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TheVeryMerryHempster

May the force be with your back! It may seem silly, but with your new occupation, you may want to do some yoga training to be proactive against spine injuries.

My father drove a cattle truck for our family business for about 30 years and his back is in a hell of a shape now cause he didn't take care of himself.

Anyways, happy trails! Glad you found a job! Should we expect post cards? I'm partial to ones with local flora and fauna on it.

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:41 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: