Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> The Author Guy Boardello Cookbook

Zen's HAPPY JACK PASTA

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
zendao42

Zen's HAPPY JACK PASTA  Reply with quote  

HAPPY JACK PASTA

1 1/2 C water
1 C milk
8 oz tri-color rotini pasta
1-2 spoons of roast garlic & bell pepper seasoning
4 oz pepper jack cheese
1-2 oz sour cream

Add water & milk to large pot, bring to boil. Add pasta & seasoning*, reduce heat to medium & continue boiling until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 9 min. Reduce heat to low & melt cheese into pasta, then stir in sour cream.

* I've found out it's important to add the seasonings before the pasta's cooked cuz it mixes better

Serves 2

Lipton used to have a mix like this but quit making it to carry more chicken-shit
& this is my attempt to duplicate it... Razz

You might want to add salt &/or pepper to the finished product
or you may prefer to just add more seasoning-
oh, & it doesn't matter if you slice, cube or shred the cheese, it melts in beautifully! Cool

Edited to add: it melts beautifully when I use Kraft cheese-
the other kind clumped a bit but still tasted great
& I forgot to warn those who've never boiled milk before that it likes boil over...

One more thing, I also put some olive oil in the bottom of the pot before I start cooking-
forgot to mention it cuz I do that with almost everything I cook in a pot...

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:02 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: