Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Weird News

Men More Evolved?

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Another Mooreon

Men More Evolved?  Reply with quote  

"Until recently the Y chromosome was considered the Rodney Dangerfield of genetics, especially because it had fewer genes than other chromosomes. A few years ago some researchers even suggested that the Y chromosome was shrinking so that in 50,000 years it would just disappear and so would men.

"The story is not as cut and dried as many would have liked to predict," Hughes said. "It's kind of fun to say that men are going to die out, but the science is proving now that we've got data that that's not true at all."

Sorry to disappoint ladies, but I guess we are going to be around (and doing stupid things Smile) for longer than you hoped.

Article here.

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:48 am   View user's profile Send private message
deb

We don't want men to die out. We want them around to torture.

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lavandula Girl

Very true, Deb. You guys, AM, are easy targets. If we had to torture other women, it'd have to involve way more thought and planning, and real fear of repercussion.

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sean

And soon you'd realize that you were trapped in a world full of jars that can't be opened. Cool

http://manly-but-bookish.blogspot.com/

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message
deb

Nah, we learned to open the jars well before we started feeding the ego of the man to open them for us. It's our way.

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

Said it before, men are mutants but they're all that keep us from being clones-
so, did I just piss off everybody there? Twisted Evil

Sean wrote:

And soon you'd realize that you were trapped in a world full of jars that can't be opened. Cool

It ain't the jars, it's trying to open a new bottle of toner
with freshly-lotioned hands that rips off half my palm... Evil or Very Mad

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Another Mooreon

Ye gods, this speaks volumes about our...er, shortcomings:

...and don't give me that crap that, "it's not the size of the wand that brings the rabbit out of the hat, but the magic of the performer." Smile

And, perhaps, it also helps explain this behavior:

Oh well...

Embarassed Laughing

Post Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:57 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: