Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> BITE ME: A Love Story

Wha'choo talkin' bout, Charlaine Harris?

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Joelibris

Wha'choo talkin' bout, Charlaine Harris?  Reply with quote  

She calls the book 'unexpected' in her jacket blurb. Did some PR guy drop a copy on her head from two stories or something? Hmmmm.....

Harris: OW! That was unexpected!

Morrow PR Guy: We can use that!

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sephonae

I found her endorsement on the cover unexpected. And undesired. By me, at any rate.

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:51 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

You guys are being a little tough on her. It was a nice gesture for her to blurb. And she sells about 3x the books I do, so it will probably help.

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Joelibris

chris wrote:
You guys are being a little tough on her. It was a nice gesture for her to blurb. And she sells about 3x the books I do, so it will probably help.

Chris, I like Charlaine Harris. I get all her books when they come out (which is like, four times a year...hint, hint...). I've just never seen the word 'unexpected' in a blurb before. It's almost kind of like "Wow, against my better judgement, I actually liked this book!" And yes, if you score her audience, you'll be rollin' in dough.

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sephonae

chris wrote:
It was a nice gesture for her to blurb. And she sells about 3x the books I do, so it will probably help.

Undoubtedly. I realize y'all may share a bit of the same vamp-lovin' pool of readers but her narrative style differs greatly from yours. I imagine your writing might appeal more to regular readers of MaryJanice Davidson's "Undead" series, or possibly Katie MacAlister's stuff.

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
zendao42

Joelibris wrote:
chris wrote:

Chris, I like Charlaine Harris. I get all her books when they come out (which is like, four times a year...hint, hint...). I've just never seen the word 'unexpected' in a blurb before. It's almost kind of like "Wow, against my better judgement, I actually liked this book!" And yes, if you score her audience, you'll be rollin' in dough.

I'm now recommending the books by first asking everybody if they're fans of nonshiny vampires-
pretty much locks in the interest! Twisted Evil

Shocked "Unexpected"?!
The word always makes me think of Monty Python... Wink

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Joelibris

zendao42 wrote:

Shocked "Unexpected"?!
The word always makes me think of Monty Python... Wink

Now THERE'S a jacket blurb for ya:

"No one EVER expects 'Bite Me - A Love Story' by Christopher Moore!" - Michael Palin

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: