Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

What is it about MEN?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
conspiracies unlimited

y wrote:
conspiracies unlimited wrote:
I don't know how healthy it would be... someone left the door open one night, and some Canadians moved in... I hear they have cooties...

Repeat after me: circle, circle, dot, dot, now I have my cootie shot...

There. Problem solved. Although you might want to call Think Insane at work and ask him about whether or not this really works. I'm sure he'll be really helpful! Twisted Evil

They're Canadia!!! Its going to take a whole lot more than clicking your heels together 3 times and reciting some sort of magical incantation... We're talking full on CDC intervention type stuff...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

Re: I can't do sugar because I am the opposite of diabetic -  Reply with quote  

kidzlibrarian wrote:
hypoglycemic. I think pudding would probably be very good for the skin, don't you guys? I don't think we should have segregated pudding romping, though. I'll just try not to ingest any. I can use a mouth guard. I have my own one now from firefighter training. I don't think that's what they were designed for but no one will tell the fire station chief, right?

there are many things that are supposed to be good for the skin, but I'm not going to romp in blow-up kiddie pull full of them... But I will be more than happy to man the cam-corder

Post Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

Re: What is it about MEN?  Reply with quote  

y wrote:
Lenore wrote:
Okay author guy it's time to help the women out here. Do men go for the really young women because of the biological imperative and the urge to mate with the healthiest and most fertile. Or is it just the "hotness factor?"

Did we ever come to any kind of conclusion or did we get too distracted by thoughts of romping in warm pudding?

(by the way, how's that coming Sgt?)

Ha!!!

It would appear that I am no longer the resident perv, here at the compound... I had absolutely nothing to do with this thread turning sticky...

Post Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message
y

conspiracies unlimited wrote:
Ha!!!

It would appear that I am no longer the resident perv, here at the compound... I had absolutely nothing to do with this thread turning sticky...
sticky? ewwwww! You know CU, you wouldn't get things so sticky if you would just....oh, wait....sorry. Wrong topic. And one more thing...Resident Perv? Ummm, no, I don't think so. Although...I have occasionally answered to Madam.

Post Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message

Quote:
By the same account, what do you say of younger women being attracted to older men? Is it all about finances? is it some sort of underlying freudian attraction? Personally, i wouldn't waste my time on any idiot that hasn't evolved past the most basic animal instincts. Joe Dolce puts it nicely; "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife. So for my personal point of view, get another girl to marry you

My eighteen year old said younger women go for older men because they know themselves better, are more settled and you have half a chance of having them be faithful. (lol) The wild oats are sown and they may actually want a family and a commited relationship.

Obviously these aren't the looking for love with the high school cheerleaders kind of guys.

So except for the obvious gold diggers I don't think finances have that much to do with it. Maybe it is a power thing though...perhaps not financial power but personal power. The self confidence and not needing to prove anything to anyone anymore.

Women get this way too, comfortable in their own skin but it happens when we have lived a life and then it's not attractive for many men.

I'm sorry I missed the pudding conversation.
I was commiserating with Mickey the Mouse for the last week. Post Disney exhaustion setting in.

Author Guy -was Walt Disney evil? sometimes it seems that way.

Post Mon May 02, 2005 5:22 pm   
Lenore

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the same account, what do you say of younger women being attracted to older men? Is it all about finances? is it some sort of underlying freudian attraction? Personally, i wouldn't waste my time on any idiot that hasn't evolved past the most basic animal instincts. Joe Dolce puts it nicely; "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife. So for my personal point of view, get another girl to marry you
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eighteen year old said younger women go for older men because they know themselves better, are more settled and you have half a chance of having them be faithful. (lol) The wild oats are sown and they may actually want a family and a commited relationship.

Obviously these aren't the looking for love with the high school cheerleaders kind of guys.

So except for the obvious gold diggers I don't think finances have that much to do with it. Maybe it is a power thing though...perhaps not financial power but personal power. The self confidence and not needing to prove anything to anyone anymore.

Women get this way too, comfortable in their own skin but it happens when we have lived a life and then it's not attractive for many men.

I'm sorry I missed the pudding conversation.
I was commiserating with Mickey the Mouse for the last week. Post Disney exhaustion setting in.

Author Guy -was Walt Disney evil? sometimes it seems that way.

Can someone delete the last post? So Sorry for the double post. I forgot to log in.

Post Mon May 02, 2005 5:24 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Unc

y wrote:
You know what I've realized since this discussion began? A lot of you guys (meaning men folk) who have answered this thread are intelligent, well spoken, polite, caring, funny, and affectionate people. Actually, the same goes for the women too. And no offense to anyone who's posted or is just reading, but I really can't figure out why my fellow board memebers seem to be having some issues getting someone to play hide the salami except for maybe a slight confidence issue. Sooooooooo, I guess there's only one thing left to do to save you guys:

finish building the compound and all get together for a healthy romp in warm pudding.

Lack of confidence is not the only possibility. As one gets older, sometimes one's standards get higher...often unreasonably high. What flavor pudding?

Laughing

Post Tue May 03, 2005 5:21 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: