Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> FOOL

Am I biased?

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
lisa

Am I biased?  Reply with quote  

Fool is a masterpiece.

Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
18Rabbit

I think the answer is yes on both counts.

Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lisa

Well..it was a boundary every line. A sixer every ten.

The only thing missing was a bowl of Indian curry in the British plot.

Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LostInWalmart

aah cricket talk.

(that's 4 runs every line, and a 6-run homer every 10, for baseball fans. cricket is weird.)

Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Skippykelly

Why would anyone name a game after a grasshopper? Oh, and where is the skill involved in a game where the bat is big and flat? I mean, how hard can it be to hit the ball with a bat like that?

Post Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message
E. Q. Taft

Well, I liked it.

Loaned it to a friend who was less impressed. He felt the humor was too dependent on everyone but the protagonist essentially being an idiot. I can see his point; it would be a more valid criticisim, I think, if that were the case in the AG's other books, but of course it's not (often it seems the reverse -- the protagonist is the clueless one, while everyone else seems to know what's going on...)

Also, even if you don't like the thrust of the plot or the characters, there are enough one-liners and brilliant use of language to make up for it. In my book, anyway.
To get a little feel
of my own faulty bagnose.

Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
G'Loonzie

E. Q. Taft wrote:
He felt the humor was too dependent on everyone but the protagonist essentially being an idiot.

Aha! To lifelike!

The book actually got me hot, is that weird? Had to jump the wife every few pages, must not of been to weird though 'cause when she read it she had to jump me every few pages.....damn does this mean I owe AG like some kind of pimp fee?

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

Who biased you?

Cool

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

G'Loonzie wrote:
E. Q. Taft wrote:

He felt the humor was too dependent on everyone but the protagonist essentially being an idiot.

Aha! To lifelike!

The book actually got me hot, is that weird? Had to jump the wife every few pages, must not of been to weird though 'cause when she read it she had to jump me every few pages.....damn does this mean I owe AG like some kind of pimp fee?

Nah, just share your testimony & get more readers for the cult! Twisted Evil

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Starchild

I haven't read it yet. I liked the synopsis at Yahoo.

Post Sat May 15, 2010 2:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: