Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Utah Courts are SO MUCH FUN!

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sugarraydodge

Utah Courts are SO MUCH FUN!  Reply with quote  

Our Supreme Court overturned the Warren Jeffs convictions today. Y'know, just cuz. They say that the prosecution and the jury were so overzealous to convict an "unpopular religious figure" that they acted inappropriately. Apparently, forcing 14 year old girls to marry creepy old men and have sex with them falls under the umbrella of "couples counseling" and doesn't fit the "accomplice to rape" description. That's really what they said. So apparently we're going to have to retry the bastard, which is stupid because there is no way any jury in Utah is going to find him "not guilty." We have so much fun here, I tell you what. I thought Florida had some ass backwards courts, but we might be giving them a run for their money. We really ought to just extradite the asshole to Texas, who want him as badly as anybody else. At least there they know how to deal with assbags like this. ...sorry, this just royally pisses me off.

Source.

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sean

Shurtleff has basically said that based on the ruling, there's really no reason for a retrial. So he probably will be sent to Texas to face their charges against him.

http://manly-but-bookish.blogspot.com/

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:19 am   View user's profile Send private message
sugarraydodge

Shurtleff suffers from what I like to call "Jon Huntsman Syndrome," a condition common in many Utah Politicians, the primary symptom being the inability to find one's own ass with both hands. See also: Tim Bridgewater. See Also: Bob Lonsberry. And while we're talking about Lonsberry, I find it hard to feel sorry for the asshole for losing his Utah-themed local issues talk show when he doesn't even LIVE here!

/pointless tangent.

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:42 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

I'd ask why you moved back there if I hadn't been to DC this year-
by comparison, AL's been looking real good lately
cuz all we got is a lame duck governor on an anti-gambling crusade... Rolling Eyes

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sugarraydodge

Well, my position at the Defense Department was turning out to be not-all-it-was-advertised-to-be, so I decided that it was best to bail. That's the short version of that story. Razz But I suddenly realized that there was absolutely nothing left for me in Baltimore/DC, and the whole place seemed cold and foreign. Then I realized that there are people who actually like me in Utah, so I packed up and drove out. Like I said, short version of a boringly complex story, but all that is essentially it. My only real regret was missing the Bite Me tour stop in DC with Chris and my fellow fruitbats, and that is the God's honest truth. I really did have a GREAT time with everybody at the Fool event and was very much looking forward to seeing everybody again. You guys really are awesome, and I don't like very many people, so that's saying something Very Happy But Jan/Feb 2010 was insanely chaotic and emotionally trying time for me. The entire situation with leaving the Army and taking that position at the Defense Department left me anxious and frazzled, and it seemed the only way to detach from that was to move back home. And it was a good move, because I am very happy here. Happier than I've been in a long time. Smile

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
fortune cookie

Yup. HOME does that to a person.

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:28 am   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

fortune cookie wrote:

Yup. HOME does that to a person.

For reals!

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: