Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Obama's Nobel Prize
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Does Obama Deserve the Nobel Peace Prize?
Yup
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Nope
86%
 86%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mllefifi

lisa wrote:
Obama has no personality.

You mean, the Nobel Peace Prize is really supposed to be an award for Mr. Personality of the Year?

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Anyway, better someone with no personality than someone with no brains or humanity.

Post Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:51 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tito

buh-bye.

Last edited by Tito on Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TheVeryMerryHempster

Tito wrote:
Ok, I've changed my mind. If Matt Damon deserves a lifetime achievement American Cinematheque Award then, dagnabit, Obama deserves his Nobel.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Watching The Wheels

Tito wrote:
Ok, I've changed my mind. If Matt Damon deserves a lifetime achievement American Cinematheque Award then, dagnabit, Obama deserves his Nobel.

Hey! Don't say things you can't take back. Matt Damon laid down a really wh-icked Bah-ston ahccent in the Depahrted....

Post Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kar98

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
deb

Watching The Wheels wrote:
Tito wrote:

Hey! Don't say things you can't take back. Matt Damon laid down a really wh-icked Bah-ston ahccent in the Depahrted....

........but Matt Damon grew up in Boston.......

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
urhangovergirl

from what I understand, he was given the award, not for things he plans to do, but for inspiring hope among the world during his campaign, and subsequent election to office. (which is something he's already done)

That's a nice thought, and I think that by being so quick to the draw the Nobel Prize committee just destroyed a lot of what Obama had going for him, instead of promoting it.

The bad part is, this is a boo on the committee, not Obama. He's just as shocked as everyone else is. I would like to see him give it back, but if they're offering it to him, then, yeah he deserves it, I guess.

Still voted no.

Post Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:39 am   View user's profile Send private message
E. Q. Taft

I'm a big Obama fan. I had stickers on my car for him even before he was running. I donated to his exploratory committee. I think he has the potential to be a great President. I don't agree with everything he does or wants to do, but in general, I think he has the right ideas. And his election was a real step forward in a lot of regards.

That said -- no, I can't say I think he deserved the prize -- at least not yet. Frankly, I think the only reason he got it was because they couldn't award the prize to the American people for "Electing Someone Who Isn't George W. Bush."
To get a little feel
of my own faulty bagnose.

Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tito

buh-bye.

Last edited by Tito on Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Watching The Wheels

The 30,000 additional troops to Afghanistan strikes me as curious, at best.

Thought this video was entertaining:
Colbert Report -- Iraqi Surge (May 16, 2007)

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
conspiracies unlimited

Fuck NO!!! Wat the fuck did he do to deserve it,,,,??? Be black and get elected prez??? Fuck him up te ass running,... Hes a fucking disgrace for accepting it the fucking cock...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: