Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Question for Teachers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Katy O

^ Exactly. I respect the opinions of most of you here - you're probably a good deal more insightful than most of my so-called Facebook friends.

I'd second any motion to get a two new sections here: one for the bitching/whining/moaning (not the dirty kind) and one for more lighthearted fun (dirty moaning goes here).

And apologies for bringing the Board down lately with my own personal drama. I felt weird about it.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Kar98

Ginjg wrote:
Yeah, but it's pretty clear that many here just want the Fruitbat perspective, not that of every darned person in the million degrees of separation

Funny you should say that. The wifey re-connected with one of her girly friends from back in school, and that friend had a regular boardello visitor in her friends list.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
zendao42

chris wrote:
David wrote:

Used to be called "gifted and talented."

I propose they now be called "Whiztards".

That'd be a great name for a band! Cool

Katy O wrote:

^ Exactly. I respect the opinions of most of you here - you're probably a good deal more insightful than most of my so-called Facebook friends.

I'd second any motion to get a two new sections here: one for the bitching/whining/moaning (not the dirty kind) and one for more lighthearted fun (dirty moaning goes here).

And apologies for bringing the Board down lately with my own personal drama. I felt weird about it.

Don't feel weird, we've all got personal drama & where else can we get the proper level of understanding?

I'd like a round of potlatch mojo to reduce that, if possible, especially for the next month or so-
if you don't know what potlatch means, I'm sure somebody here can explain it... Wink

I'd 3rd a motion for new sections if it brings back the fun...

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Katy O

I felt weird because it was such a big, personal thing to make a public post about. There are so many of you that I "know" and I wanted to tell you about it, but I was concerned about such a shocking post about a violent act. Posting here was not ideal, but I'm not in touch with everyone on Facebook. I wasn't up to making a few dozen PM's to tell each person individually.

But I'm ready to have some fun. So, who is going to entertain me?

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:19 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
lisa

Katy O wrote:
I felt weird because it was such a big, personal thing to make a public post about. There are so many of you that I "know" and I wanted to tell you about it, but I was concerned about such a shocking post about a violent act. Posting here was not ideal, but I'm not in touch with everyone on Facebook. I wasn't up to making a few dozen PM's to tell each person individually.

But I'm ready to have some fun. So, who is going to entertain me?

I did not find your post shocking my dear Katy. Did I tell you all about the man I saw the previous day to Katy's post about on the way to work writhing on the road without a...Hey. I heard that. Where am I supposed to post my non sequiturs? In the Post-Op department?

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:36 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Katy O

Maybe it was a violent post about a shocking act? Wink

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Wonko

Or posting shock about violent acting?

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

Question How do you act around a shocking violet post?

Sounds like shooting pool in my grandfather's basement...

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Katy O

I never was a big fan of Violet from the Peanuts strip. Snotty little twit.

boy, talk about threadjacking!

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:48 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Wingnut

Katy O wrote:
I never was a big fan of Violet from the Peanuts strip. Snotty little twit.

boy, talk about threadjacking!

Nah, that's not a threadjack.

THESE are threads, Jack.

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Katy O

^ He needs the platform pimp shoes with the goldfish swimming around in the heel part to complete the fabulous ensemble.

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:37 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
bleu

Bacon Threadjack!!!!!!  Reply with quote  

Bacon is still fun, right???

http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2008/03/candied-bacon-i-1/

http://bleueyedgirl.blogspot.com/

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: