Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Weird News

FaceMail

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Uptown_Toodeloo

FaceMail  Reply with quote  

Facebook is beginning to offer facebook email. Maybe this isn't very weird, in fact it is actually pretty much how most people probably figured things would go eventually, but I think facebook is pretty scarey. And we don't have an area for "Pretty Scary News about Personal Information Mining." So I stuck this here.

Also, it made me sad that Zen was so depressed that nobody was posting much in this area, so I figured I would put something in.

Facebook scares me, so I don't use it for very much. It is a way where I can keep in some kind of touch with old friends, and it ends there. The less you use it, the less info is available for all those corporate interests to mine your life. The email is just another tool for team facebook to get more info out of you and sell it. Facebook can suck it.

Post Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:39 am   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

I don't use Slambook at all, it's useless to those of us that gleefully left our pasts behind... Razz

Right now, I'm thisclose to ditching 'Space-
stupid changes, I liked it better before they started copying their imitators-
anyway, they've had their own e-mail for years but I figured 2 e-mail accounts were enough...

Well, that is until now- we got a new one for our business website
& I'll be posting it & the site link here as soon as we get our shit together...

Question Howzat for shameless self-promotion? Twisted Evil

Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:55 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: