Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Bureaucracy vs. Terrorism. This oughta work.

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
LostInWalmart

Bureaucracy vs. Terrorism. This oughta work.  Reply with quote  

South Carolina decided this past year that it had had enough with subversive groups going un-noticed and decided to take some bold anti-terror mother-fucking action, by God. Hence the Subversive Activities Registration Law. It's just as clever as it sounds.

In order to fully comply with the law, you must register your subversive group, including your goals and a list of all members, with the SC Department of State. Luckily there's a relatively-short form specifically designed for that task. It does cost $5 to register your subversive group with the state, but that's tax deductible. So, win-win.

From the Department of State:

Every member of a subversive organization, or an organization subject to foreign control, every foreign agent and every person who advocates, teaches, advises or practices the duty, necessity or propriety of controlling, conducting, seizing or overthrowing the government of the United States, of this State or of any political subdivision thereof by force or violence or other unlawful means, who resides, transacts any business or attempts to influence political action in this State, shall register with the Secretary of State on the forms and at the times prescribed by him.

Link to the outstandingly-designed registration form:
http://fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/SubversiveAgentForm.pdf

Link to the South Carolina page regarding the law:
http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t23c029.htm

B

ps - yes I know this came out a while ago, but I was just hipped to it yesterday

Post Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message
girlEgirl

but wait. cause, um but ....wouldn't??? OH NEVER-MIND!

Post Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:41 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Watching The Wheels

Laughing Laughing Laughing
This is amazing. (Although, I suspect South Carolina just pinged my computer for having just DL'ed the .pdf file.)

I would love for someone to fill out and submit the form as 'Osama Bin Laden' a member of 'Al Qaeda,' but only in terms of how 'he' would plot the overthrow and destruction of South Carolina. "Ahh, you guys got me! I've been here the whole time. Good thing for these forms, eh?"

Post Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:30 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

Correct me if I'm wrong but last time I checked,
this was the state where folks think it's ok to fuck horses... Rolling Eyes

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:15 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LostInWalmart

yes, but you have to register using the HorseFuckers Registration Form (SC Form EQUUS-69)

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:15 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: