Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Pissing in the Wind

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Watching The Wheels

Pissing in the Wind  Reply with quote  

Snapshot judgments on things that are pissing me off:

So, the great compromise in Congress today (12/6): Unemployment benefits would be extended for two million people if and only if tax cuts were extended for all Americans including a 2% decrease in Social Security tax. This begs the question: Has anyone in Congress heard of a balance sheet?

As part of this compromise, is the general public allowed to add that both parties are forever forbidden from accusing the other of fiscal irresponsibility? Cause, really Reps and Dems, you both really suck at it.

------

Concerning the TSA with their "grope-downs" and "naked-machines," the one argument I absolutely, positively can't fucking stand is the: "Well, the odds of your plane being brought down by a terrorist are more than being struck by lightning."

*twitch*

Oh, really? While perhaps statistically true, a terrorist attack isn't an 'act of god,' no matter what certain terrorists might think. Given human nature, which do think is the more likely scenario.

Three years from now, if a plane is brought down:
a) "Well, gee willikers. That was a stroke of bad luck. Guess those people won Satan's Lottery."
or
b) "HOW THE FUCK?! WHY DIDN'T WE DO MORE TO PREVENT THIS?!"

I'm not saying the TSA is gold, but at least they're trying. Please, use anything but the Las Vegas argument.

-------

I love how hyper-right-wing arguments about the government can range from: "The Government can't do anything right" to "they're trying control every aspect of your life."

Somehow, even in the matter of seconds the Government can go from:
on the issue's of "distributing healthcare" (medicare/caid obviously excluded) - Tripping over furniture, and not being able to wipe its own collective ass
to
on the issue of promoting "healthier school lunches" - A stealthy black-ops delta force capable of making you decide what you eat

Concerning the arguments against Michelle Obama's health initiative, you'd think some people imagine this situation:

Girl walks up to a vending machine, hits a few buttons. Several seconds later a 20-person swat team enters through every entrance imaginable, some breaking glass. Leader pointing a gun at the girl who's now down on her knees, crying.
"Put.Down.The.Twinkie.Fatty." A pause. Silence broken only with the sound of tears. Leader sniffs at the air. Scowls. "There's a gang of teens at McDonald's." Sniffs again. "They're getting McNuggets. MOVE OUT!!!"

Post Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
FattyFattyPorkFace

Laughing

Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:06 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

See, this is why I live in my own little molestation-free world-
come on in, the cocoa's fine... Wink

Post Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:20 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Klari

WtW, you are wasting your time here, we need you as a political pundit. Or, a writer on the Daily Show.

Post Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: