Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

You ALWAYS Judge a Book by its Cover...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sugarraydodge

urhangovergirl wrote:
Sephonae wrote:
I like the Happy Valley cover. The Son of Santa is snazzy, but it puts me in mind of a Macy's circular (which may be what you're going for, but isn't doing much for me).

Also, the HV cover gives a hint of "kooky," which would totally ensnare me. The SOS, not so much (though maybe it's not kooky?).

I completely agree with this. 100%.

I also think you should go with the same font for your name on both books-but i prefer the first one myself. Very Happy I would totally pick up Happy Valley just the way it is!

so...what's it about and when can I get it? Cool

Happy Valley is about a filmmaker trying to make a horror movie in the middle of Utah. I like it a lot. Follow the link in my signature line to find out more.

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
DoctorBollocks

Son of Santa seems like a Sears Catalouge cover but Happy Valley is nice, it's simple but nice

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Thom

I like them both.

The Son of Santa cover doesn't really make me think "catalog" so much because the image draws me in, at which point I read the title and think, "Son of Santa? This could be some wacky fantastic fun, like those Chris Moore books that are so entertaining."

At which point I buy it and throw my weekly budget off, therefore I am eating raman noodles the next day.

I hate raman noodles.

Way to go there, Sugar Ray Dodge Rolling Eyes

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:27 am   View user's profile Send private message
mrjason

the only thing i would say is that on the 'happy valley' one, you should put the title before your name. not that anyone would think your name was 'happy valley' of course. i always thought that if you were a first-time novelist, you should HIDE your name in the middle of the book somewhere.....be a mystery...or an annoyance. unless you got a kick-ass name like Rip Manmuscle or something.

Post Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:25 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
zendao42

I think I like the Santa cover better-
looks like there could be some shenanigans going on there... Twisted Evil

mrjason wrote:

... unless you got a kick-ass name like Rip Manmuscle or something.

Or maybe Steel Beam? Wink

Thom wrote:

... I buy it and throw my weekly budget off, therefore I am eating raman noodles the next day.

I hate raman noodles.

I haven't eaten ramen in over 15 years, please don't make me go back to it... Shocked

Post Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sugarraydodge

Here's some mockups I did today for possible future pocket book (Mass Market Paperback) versions of both Happy Valley and Son of Santa. No plans to use them in the immediate future, just playing around.

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
sugarraydodge

Here's my vampire/alien novel version of these if anybody's interested. I like it a lot.

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

Scruffy either needs to look a bit more evil or being doing something evil-
maybe having his snack or something like that... Wink

Ever see the cover of HOMO ZAPIENS? Twisted Evil

Otherwise, they work for me...

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:46 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: