Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

Submission tracking app

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mxlemore

Submission tracking app  Reply with quote  

Just wanted to pop in and let anyone who may be interested know that I posted a submission tracking app on my blog. It is available free to anyone who might be interested in using it. I know there are some online manuscript trackers, but I felt like making my own a while back. It's a Windows-platform application. Sorry all you Mac and Linux-flavor users. Sad

If you want to get a copy, just visit my blog (http://jrmclemore.blogspot.com/2011/01/gift-for-other-writers.html) to read about it, see screen shots, and find the download link at the bottom. Hope someone else finds use in it. Smile

Hush, Hush, My Love is now available for Kindle, Nook, and other formats from Smashwords for free! You can view it here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/50564

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sugarraydodge

I have a Mac, but that's okay. I prefer the standard "wait weeks and weeks and get a form letter telling me to go fuck my mother" method.

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:17 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sephonae

sugarraydodge wrote:
I have a Mac, but that's okay. I prefer the standard "wait weeks and weeks and get a form letter telling me to go fuck my mother" method.

Well that, at least, would be a more personalized response and, I'm guessing, would crack me up. I think. Usually the rejections are form letters, the need of which I understand - and even appreciate, versus receiving no response at all.

The best rejection I've received to date is the one where Homeslice suggested I go through the piece (a short story) and take out all the adverbs and then go through it again and only add in what I absolutely felt I must. Bless his heart for the feedback and when the next free moment arose, I did just that.

Post Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
zendao42

Sephonae wrote:
sugarraydodge wrote:

Well that, at least, would be a more personalized response and, I'm guessing, would crack me up. I think. Usually the rejections are form letters, the need of which I understand - and even appreciate, versus receiving no response at all.

The best rejection I've received to date is the one where Homeslice suggested I go through the piece (a short story) and take out all the adverbs and then go through it again and only add in what I absolutely felt I must. Bless his heart for the feedback and when the next free moment arose, I did just that.

Question Did it help?

Post Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:48 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sephonae

zendao42 wrote:
Sephonae wrote:

Question Did it help?

It helped the writing, to be sure. Whether it'll help it sell is another matter. Right now it's entered into some contest or other. They'll contact winners end of March or so, so if I've not heard by then I'll get back to submitting it. Another mag had turned it down before, saying it didn't "grab" them, but encouraged me to send other stuff. And I did and that didn't grab 'em either. Very Happy I don't take it personally, though of course it can be disheartening if I'm not in a great frame of mind when the rejection comes. But, you know, I keep trying. Gotta keep trying, else the terrorists win. Cool

Post Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: