Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Refrigerator Mojo
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sara Leigh

It worked! I'm getting a new refrigerator tomorrow, a stainless steel double-door GE model. I have no idea otherwise. As long as it works, I'm happy.

Thanks, everybody!

::doing my happy dance::

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:05 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
JustAGirl

oooOOOooo... stainless! Post pics.

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:22 am   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

Cannabis!

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:49 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JustAGirl

oooOOOoo... cannabis! Post pics.

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:03 am   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

It's here! Almost didn't happen because of the water connection. This frickin' building is set up so that you can't turn the water off in your own frickin' place. They shut the water off one day a month. In the whole building! Just so people who need to do things that require shutting the water off in their unit can do them. Except in an emergency. They don't consider replacing a refrigerator that's toast with a working model an emergency. Even when you have to disconnect the water thingy in order to remove the old, broken, useless, taking up space POS. The delivery/installation guys managed to work around it, but what a pain in the butt! The new one is actually a bit deeper than the old one, so maybe that'll make up for the narrower shelves. Now to get fingerprints off the stainless steel doors. Arg. How long does it take for it to get cold? So many questions I have. Maybe I should look in the manual.
Very Happy

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:12 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
fortune cookie

SL, when they shut off the water, and install the new fridge.
Ask the installation guy to put a shut off valve on the connection.
At least if this should happen again it will be easier.

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message
jsdonze

Manual, schmanual. It'll get cold. That's what refrigerators do. I think. Very Happy

Congratulations! And, good luck keeping it fingerprint-free! Wink

When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not; but my faculties are decaying, now, and soon I shall be so I cannot remember any but the latter.

--Mark Twain, Autobiography

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

FC, the guys who installed it aren't plumbers, so they didn't have anything to make that kind of a change with. This building is set up so that owners have very little they can do water-wise outside the once-monthly water shutoff day. It's screwy. The water, including hot water, must all be included in the condo fee. Whatever. I can't wait for what they regards as a "real" emergency. Gah!

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
fortune cookie

Can you get a "Handy Guy" to come assess the size of the pipes and probabal size of the thread, in order to install shut off valves on the supply lines to the fixtures?
That will save you UNTOLD amounts of frustration and irkatude.
Being able to shut off the water to a malfunctioning faucet is wonderful.
Not to mention the saving of personnal items from water damage.

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

The building maintenance guys came up to check on what the refrigerator guys did and recommended that I have the owner take care of that on April 19, the next water shutoff day. Pain in the butt. The landlord has to send the electrical guy to look at an outlet that's stopped working, and he just happens to also be the plumbing guy. So maybe they'll have him do it all on water shutoff day. There's another handy guy for all the other stuff that could go wrong in here. Very Happy

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
fortune cookie

Is the receptical a GFCI?
Does it have two small buttons labeled "Test" and "Reset"?
Cause...um, if it does...press the reset button.
Usually those types are found in the bathrooms and around the kitchen counter areas.

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

Yeah, no. That would be too easy. It hasn't worked right since I moved in here. It didn't work to charge my cell phone, but it worked to charge my iPad. Then it stopped wokring to charge my iPad. It's not near water.

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
zendao42

Exclamation Hey, lemme send some prevention mojo
so ya don't end up showering with a pair of pliers-
that's what happens when the shower knobs get stripped out, y'know... Rolling Eyes

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:40 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

Hahahahaha. That actually happened with the shower in the second bathroom. It worked when my daughter was here at Thanksgiving; her boyfriend said he thought it might be "overturning." When the plumber came, it was stripped. He fixed it. That shower gets very little use. I'll take the prevention mojo for my shower.

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:37 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: