Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

DC Sacre Bleu Book Tour Stop
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
girlEgirl

if zen got around to inventing her teleporter i'll be at every stop on the tour. i'll be the one in the parking lot with the homemade ganja goo balls, and the nitrous tank.... Wink

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Vixen Jules

Boarding my plane now!

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

Let me know when you get here. I'm sending you a PM with my cell phone number.

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:41 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Sara Leigh

Final count:

Vixen Jules
Photoguy and wife
Susan (of Annapolis)
Me
Maybe ROM and her mom for dinner but definitely for the book signing.
Maybe LostInWalmart
Derek is still a maybe, maybe late if at all.

Alan's father-in-law died on Saturday, so he won't be able to join us, being in KY now.

Dinner will be starting at 5:30. I'm not sure we'll be able to get our usual reserved seat section, though I did ask Chris about it. P&P has my name as the contact person, so I'm going to try to get there early (around 5) to talk to them about it and buy my book and Alan's.

Are you excited?!

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:48 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
zendao42

Sad Wish I'd been there (or anywhere besides the bs that was going on here)-
so... how'd it go?

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

It was great! Wish you'd been able to get here. It was so nice to meet Vixen Jules, whom I gave an impromptu tour of DC at night as I tried to find my way back to Arlington. (I always seem to have a problem finding my way back to Arlington from Politics & Prose.)

Chris was his usual entertaining self with his usual tour cold. We took a lot of pictures, or I should say Vixen Jules did for the most part, which are on facebook. I'll try to get some posted here too. Let me work on that. It may take a few days, as I don't have a Web site of my own right now.

What's going on? Sad

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:32 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
photoguy53

Oh, OK, I get it NOW!  Reply with quote  

So after meeting Jules Vixen, and returning to the board after a LONG absence, I get the whole avatar thing from last night at the book signing!!

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:55 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sara Leigh

Rolling Eyes It was good seeing you too, photoguy. Very Happy

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:15 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
LostInWalmart

it's tonight, right?

OH MOTHERFUCKER!

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:31 am   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

That's okay, we gave you a shoutout, literally. We couldn't find you in the crowd, so Vixen Jules gave the call: "Lost In Walmart! Lost In Walmart! Are you there?" Nobody answered.

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:53 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Vixen Jules

I had the most amazing time! Sarah Leigh, you are the most gracious hostess and I LOVED my tour! Thank you!! Rom, you and your mother are so much fun and your bat and orca are adorable. Susan, I wish we had more of a chance to chat, I am very curious to hear the outcome of your horse situation. Photo guy, wow. You were a lovely Dinner companion. I wish you could have joined us for the signing. LostInWalmart, I tried, I really tried to find you.

AG: thank you. Thank you for touring, for writing, for being interesting, gracious, funny, generous, and for wearing stripper glitter. And I thank you for the honor of asking the stupidest question ever. Even more stupid than the Oprah question. Just so you know, I don't actually know anybody inS.F.

I loved this event, I am loving the book, and I am so grateful to Veronica Morrison for introducing me to the amazing world of Christopher Moore.

I am happy.

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

I forgot that you had the honor of asking the stupidest question ever. Of course, that was before he realized who you were. You were totally out of context for him, and he seems to think that your hair is entirely different now.

It was a blast! In a way, I hope he doesn't go to Ann Arbor again so that maybe you'll come here again. Twisted Evil

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
zendao42

Sara Leigh wrote:

What's going on? Sad

Long & short answer is, bureaucrats suck! Evil or Very Mad

Sleep deprivation never helps either but we'll survive-
sorry I didn't get a chance to meet VJ, damned lack of teleporter...

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:03 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: