Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

SoCal fruitbats

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Wonko

SoCal fruitbats  Reply with quote  

There's a possibility I might be able to get to the LA area for either Pasadina or Huntington Beach signings. I could use advice on which one might be easier to find and if there are any somewhat reasonable motels near either, that sort of thing. Well, any info that might help the decision making of someone who hasn't even been in the area since 1976 and has never driven anywhere closer than Desert Center.

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ginjg

Please come to the Pasadena signing.
Best Western Pasadena Royale is showing $56 a night for the end of April.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wonko

Thanks, Ginjg!

Thst just might be do-able.

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wonko

FML FML FML FML!!!!!!!!!!!

I had been trying to save enough to get me through the summer and leave extra to get to Pasadena for the signing. Part of that plan was postponing some surgery until after next season starts in August so I wouldn't have to carry COBRA to paay for it. However, my teeth had a different idea. A tooth broke two days after my contract ended, so now I have to either pay for COBRA, or use up all the money I've saved (and probably more) to pay for the crown myself. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

This means no money to go anywhere. Which means no signed copy of Sacre Bleu for my friend or me. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

Dude, how'd ya get my bad teeth? Shocked

I chipped 1 on a Pez dispenser 5 years ago, y'know... Evil or Very Mad

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:53 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
walk

Sad
sorry about that dude

"there's just one more thing.... it's been emotional." lock stock and 2 smoking barrels

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Wonko

And I was hoping to get to this signing in order to wipe out the unpleasant memory of the last signing... Sad

At least I have fruitbats who can use their feminine wiles to try to get me personalized copies at their signing. Very Happy Thanks Seph!

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LadyJewelleah

I'll be heading out to the Pasadena book signing again. I might be towing along my cousin and her wife and my husband. I'm also toting a big, 36 week old baby in my belly.

Does anyone know how early we should get there to actually get seats? My body isn't as functional right now as it was last time (which means sitting on the floor for a majority of the time is out).

Who else is going???

PS: I haven't been around the board for a while.... Times have been crazy. But, the writing bug is coming back, so I hope to be chatting a lot more.

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Hairy

Wonko wrote:
FML FML FML FML!!!!!!!!!!!

I had been trying to save enough to get me through the summer and leave extra to get to Pasadena for the signing. Part of that plan was postponing some surgery until after next season starts in August so I wouldn't have to carry COBRA to paay for it. However, my teeth had a different idea. A tooth broke two days after my contract ended, so now I have to either pay for COBRA, or use up all the money I've saved (and probably more) to pay for the crown myself. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

This means no money to go anywhere. Which means no signed copy of Sacre Bleu for my friend or me. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

There are some great dentists in Mexico who do cash work at very reasonable rates, from what I hear. Probably too late to make a difference this time, but if you need work done again. . . .

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Wonko

Hairy wrote:

There are some great dentists in Mexico who do cash work at very reasonable rates, from what I hear. Probably too late to make a difference this time, but if you need work done again. . . .

Of that, I am aware. However, I have no passport. So, even though I could easily go to Mexico and get the work done, but it would require the border guard to be in a really good mood to keep the return trip from being more of a hastle than it's worth.

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

LadyJewelleah wrote:
I'll be heading out to the Pasadena book signing again. I might be towing along my cousin and her wife and my husband. I'm also toting a big, 36 week old baby in my belly.

Cool Congrats!

I didn't make it to 36 weeks (she's now 11 weeks & thriving)
& wasn't sure when it would happen so I didn't plan to do this tour-
good luck making your way through the crowds...

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:43 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LadyJewelleah

Unfortunately, we decided to stay home and work on the house. This is the last weekend my hubby and I will be alone (MIL is coming into town) to work on things. Pasadena is quite a drive (we are in San Diego), so I am foregoing the wonderful event to get things ready for baby.

Congratulations on 11 weeks.

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:12 am   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Got lucky & avoided all familial invasion of our house-
honestly, it's less stressful doing it all yourselves even when recovering from c-section-
she still hasn't been babysat yet but that should change soon...

Post Thu May 03, 2012 3:57 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

Oh, I don't know. I didn't mind having my mother-in-law and my mother (separately, not together!) help me out for the first few weeks. David might have felt otherwise, but I don't think so. I don't think Jane had a sitter for a few months. But I don't really remember anymore. Have you been writing things down somewhere, for these times when you forget or things are kind of fuzzy? Much as I say that I'm glad I only had one, I did enjoy Jane. Not the pregnancy, which pretty much sucked. But Jane was a joy, and is now. Joy and heartache.

Post Thu May 03, 2012 4:38 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: