Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Grand Canyon 2012

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MrEMann

Grand Canyon 2012  Reply with quote  

Pics are here.

http://pnwlife.wordpress.com/2012/05/16/grand-canyon-2012-2/

Enjoy!

FB users: these are the same as I posted there, but feel free to comment on the blog as well Smile

Post Wed May 16, 2012 2:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message
girlEgirl

did YOU take those? you and bleu should both be professional photographers..... kinda makes me wish that i'd brought a camera, any of the half dozen times i went to the grand canyon. did you guys hike down into the canyon. ironically the one time i did, i was also withdrawing then as well. alright not so especially ironic, considering that 99.9 % of the last 20 years of my life has alternated betwixt increasingly brief bouts of euphoria, and paiin. it was one of the first times, it wasn't that bad. still i was dehydrated and sleep deprived and ignored all those sternly worded signs that warned hikers to bring and drink lots of water and snacks. [had neither] thought i was pretty bad-ass until we started climbing back out. holy, excruciating hike from hell, batman! if i hadn't been 19 and ever so healthy, it probably would have killed me.

did you hang out in flagstaff? as much as i hate, hate, hate, arizona, {and i really do} flagstaff is a surprisingly funky little town.

Last edited by girlEgirl on Mon May 21, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri May 18, 2012 2:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MrEMann

I took those, yes. Hiked in from the North Rim to the Colorado river and back out 4 days later.

Somewhere I have pics of the glow stick party the night of the full moon

We stayed in Mesquite on the way out, often we stay in St George, Utah but they had an Iron Man Triathalon or something going on this year.

Looking at hiking Havasupai (South Rim) here in a couple of months. And then a long weekend rappelling in Zion Nat'l Park.

Post Mon May 21, 2012 2:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Damn, dude- makes me tired just thinking about it!

Mind you, I was already sleep-deprived... Razz

Post Thu May 24, 2012 3:36 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wonko

I've been to the Grand Canyon only twice: 36 years ago and 46 years ago.

And for the last dozen years I've lived only six hours away...

I need to get out more... Rolling Eyes

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MrEMann

Wonko wrote:
I've been to the Grand Canyon only twice: 36 years ago and 46 years ago.

And for the last dozen years I've lived only six hours away...

I need to get out more... Rolling Eyes

Next trip, we stay at your house and drag you along with us.

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: