Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> The Author Guy Boardello Cookbook

Cheddar Bacon Quiche

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Watching The Wheels

Cheddar Bacon Quiche  Reply with quote  

So easy, even I can do it!

One 9'' pie shell.

4 eggs
Cup o' heavy cream
10 strips of bacon
Bag of cheddar.
Dash of hot sauce.

Cook bacon to a crisp. Dry bacon.
Line the bottom of the pie shell with crumbled up bacon.
Throw in a shit ton of shredded cheddar cheese

Beat eggs, add cream. Add a touch of hot sauce. Pour mixture into pie shell over the bacon and cheese. Fill with cheddar til pie crust is filled to the top.
Bake at 350 for 40 or so minutes.

Really, you can make any quiche with the 4 eggs and heavy cream base.
Right now I'm trying out one with spinach, feta, yellow and orange peppers.

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ginjg

wtw - do invest the extra few moments to shred block cheddar instead of using that pre-shredded tossed in cornstarch stuff. It's better quality, less expensive and your quiche will be even tastier with a better texture.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

I bet I could make this one with fake bacon, it's really low fat & crispy-
& call me crazy, but I like pre-shredded cheese better-
yep, I'm lazy & proud of it... Wink

Let us know how the next one turns out- it sounds good!

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Watching The Wheels

For a quick throw together, the spinach, feta, pepper one came out pretty good.
Used roughly 8oz spinach, 8oz feta, 1/4-1/3 cup 'sweet' peppers.
Yellow and orange peppers are apparently sweet? I learned something today. Very Happy

I have to throw in a vote for being lazy, as well; but I'll give the block of cheddar a shot next time.

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
BeerGnome

Ginjg wrote:
wtw - do invest the extra few moments to shred block cheddar instead of using that pre-shredded tossed in cornstarch stuff. It's better quality, less expensive and your quiche will be even tastier with a better texture.

all in all? meh

but really, yer kinda right. if its store bought, between the block and the shred, it really doesn't matter, it's the same crap. the corn starch on the shred is just an anti clumping additive. either way, that "cheese" is mostly just bricks of cheese flavord vegitable oil blocks.
seriously.. you ever try to melt that crap? it turns into an oily mess!

though, with that said, a lot of the times this board is not so much about rocking it gourmet, but rocking what you got. so by all meens, lets move forward.

the recipe sounds lovely

Post Sat May 09, 2009 9:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Hairy

I don't know why, no matter how well I cook it and drain it, any quiche I make with bacon comes out tasting like it's a solid block of bacon grease. Sad'

I've been using this recipe for a spinach-mushroom quiche fairly often. It works well. I use Swiss instead of cheddar, leave out the feta, and keep the butter and milk low because for some reason they trigger heartburn for me.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/spinach-quiche/

Post Thu May 17, 2012 10:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message
BeerGnome

oh... you had to bring me back in and make me remember my password... didnt you? DIDNT YOU!?!

Very Happy

Razz

no idea why you are getting that effect with the bacon. if its crisped though, there shouldn't be any residual bacon fat to mess with ya

maybe you just don't like bacon and are sensitive?

in any case, when I stir in bacon crumbles into something like this.. it's usually at the very bitter end of adding ingredients.

and judging by your additions and subtractions.. you are sensitive to the salt. and I wouldn't call you lactose intolerant because that makes you far... gives you lower intestinal distress, more than heart burn in my experience.

is my spinich and bacon ostrich egg quich still lingering around here somewhere?

Post Fri May 18, 2012 6:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: