Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

OH HAI! what you crazy kids been up to!?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BeerGnome

OH HAI! what you crazy kids been up to!?  Reply with quote  

seems I some how drifted off the boards and then one of the cooking threads showed up in my mailbox.

So I managed to remember my password after four computers and started to snoop around.

so whats up kids? staying out of trouble? got some new recipes? is there a new book on the way?

whats the dealyo!?!

Post Fri May 18, 2012 6:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
BeerGnome

just for giggles, here are a couple of recent pics.
first up from my recent trip down to Key west, me and a giant fiberglass spiny lobster

and hey! remember my wee little doggy? here he is again

be good kids!

Post Fri May 18, 2012 7:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
zendao42

Can't speak for everybody else but they're probably sleeping now anyway...

I got this shiny new baby that takes up most of my time-
pics can be found if you look around (Zenling Unveiled)... Wink

I think somebody's been to the Grand Canyon but I'll let the others blow their own horns...

Post Sat May 19, 2012 4:14 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fortune cookie

I've just been.
Mostly working on a house to sell.
Actually put in two 8hour days at a 9 to 5. (last two as well Wink )
Trying not to smash my phone, cuz it pisses me off sometimes.
If I don't lock the keyboard, it will: take pics of my inside pocket, delete pics from the phone, call people, (it dialed 666-6666 Laughing ) quote "Gunny" from "Full Metal Jacket". Yep, technology ain't it grand?

Post Sun May 20, 2012 12:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

That's some magic keyboard you've got there, cookie.

Post Sun May 20, 2012 7:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
fortune cookie

Sara Leigh wrote:
That's some magic keyboard you've got there, cookie.

Possessed is more the word for it. Laughing

Post Sun May 20, 2012 9:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

FC - switch to tight whiteys and you'll get no more keyboard dick tricks

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Mon May 21, 2012 12:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
fortune cookie

Ginjg wrote:
FC - switch to tight whiteys and you'll get no more keyboard dick tricks

Commando or Die!

Post Mon May 21, 2012 3:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

I took up the craft of maille jewelry. Even sold several pieces and bartered a few others.

~~~~~~~

Post Mon May 21, 2012 10:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ginjg

and head on over to Boadellans on FB and say touch base with the whole gang of fruitbats. And encourage them to come back to the bordello - right now there's just a few of us peeking in here to check up on Zen and wonko - the only ones strong enough to have resisted Facebook's iron grasp

~~~~~~~

Post Thu May 24, 2012 7:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hairy

Ginjg wrote:
and head on over to Boadellans on FB and say touch base with the whole gang of fruitbats. And encourage them to come back to the bordello - right now there's just a few of us peeking in here to check up on Zen and wonko - the only ones strong enough to have resisted Facebook's iron grasp

That explains why it's so quiet here, and no subforum has been created for Sacre Bleu. Sad

Not being a fan of Facebook, I guess I will hold the fort down here too.

Post Thu May 24, 2012 9:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message
girlEgirl

i've decided to set off a low yield nuclear device in olympia because my government sanctioned drug habit was interrupted, but besides that bit of horror, it's all good.

Post Fri May 25, 2012 7:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

Ginjg wrote:

http://www.gocomics.com/nonsequitur/2012/05/27

No grasp at all cuz I enjoy the hermitage-
couldn't take all the random strangers up in my bizness... Razz

Hairy wrote:

That explains why it's so quiet here, and no subforum has been created for Sacre Bleu. Sad

Not being a fan of Facebook, I guess I will hold the fort down here too.

It's good to have some company, especially some that's not pod people... Wink

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jsdonze

zendao42 wrote:

No grasp at all cuz I enjoy the hermitage-
couldn't take all the random strangers up in my bizness... Razz

Where did you get the idea that random strangers get all up in your bizness on facebook? I don't have random strangers all up in my bizness, and I've been on facebook for years.

You are the one to decide who is a "friend" on facebook. You can friend only people you know personally, or anyone whose posts you enjoy. You can have 10 friends, or a thousand. You can set your profile so that none but friends can view it. You can set it so that friends can post on your wall, or that no one at all can post on your wall. If you happen to like random strangers being all up in your bizness, you can set it up that way, too.

I'm not trying to persuade you to love facebook, mind you. I just want you to hate it for real reasons, not misconceptions. Wink

***edited to correct a horrible grammar error that Feef would have pounced upon, had he not [more or less] permanently defected to facebook. Laughing

When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not; but my faculties are decaying, now, and soon I shall be so I cannot remember any but the latter.

--Mark Twain, Autobiography

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:24 am   View user's profile Send private message
Sephonae

jsdonze wrote:
I'm not trying to persuade you to love facebook, mind you. I just want you to hate it for real reasons, not misconceptions. Wink

Hear, hear!

I've been hopping like a frog on crack. You know, assuming frogs do crack. I dunno, I'm a city girl. Sorta.

So, my kid's just turned 17 and fixing to graduate HS later this month and go away to college mid-August. (I'll not name names, but I will say it's a private college in upstate NY and I'm super proud, of course.) Oh yeah, and he's got some prom thing coming up...? Very Happy

Meanwhile, between college/financial aid applications and work stress, I've been blogging my arse off and neglecting Facebook. Y'all, I'm wrecked. I feel like I've hit the wall and the wall's telling me to go fuck myself. Yeah. I need a rest. Cool

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: