Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Worshipping at the alter of celebrity

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lenore

Worshipping at the alter of celebrity  Reply with quote  

Chris mentioned how if the public wouldn't eat up all the garbage out there in the media and hollywoodland then the powers that be would have to set their sites higher. Paraphrasing, sorry Chris.

I just want to know when did this all start? There used to be quality TV and movies and it's now very difficult to find a decent movie any time of year.

I know I'm sounding like an old fart. "In my day we had REAL movies"

When did the average person start knowing the gross take of the weekend box office?

Look at the movie actors that are around, are any of them authentic?
By that I mean, excellent at their craft and art.

I'm so concerned that by excepting all this mediocre drivel we are really on that downward spiral.
Most of our politicians suck. There aren't any Democrats who inspire. It's why we have the bozo we have in the White House.

edited to add: If I see Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, Ashton Kutsher or Paris Hilton in the press or tv tonight I'm going to puke.

There goes freakin dinner. Sorry for the rant.

Post Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: